Phil Spencer, Microsoft’s head of Xbox, has admitted that the company needs to improve the European performance of the Xbox One.
"We need to do better in Europe," Spencer told Edge, as reported by Videogamer. "When I look globally, mainland Europe is definitely an area we want to focus on.
"I'm excited about going to Gamescom at the beginning of August, having another press show where we're able to show games that we didn't show [at E3]. So you're going to see brand new games, as well as obviously some repeats, but you're going to see Scalebound, Crackdown, Quantum Break from my friends at Remedy. From a product standpoint, I like where we are. I think the team's doing a great job with the games and building a platform for gamers."
The comments come after SCEE president Jim Ryan claimed earlier today that PS4 is enjoying “very significant [next-gen] market leadership” in Europe, with some territories seeing market share of as much as 90 per cent in Sony’s favour.
Microsoft will have an excellent chance to make its mark on European consumers later this month when it takes to the Gamescom stage with fresh info on some of its new titles – and free from competition from Sony.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/xbox-...europe/0152037