Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PSP2TV Preorders Being Taken

Part of me wonders if they're announcing a rediculous price so that the real intended price doesn't seem as bad. People would be more willing to pay $70 when it used to be $120.

"Mom, Dad. I'm pregnant.... Just kidding. I only wrecked the car."

DCEmu Newbie

Default Does it play the umd videos?

Does it play the umd videos? It would be cool if it did, because there really is no point to buy the umd movies if you have to buy the movie again just to watch it on your home tv.

DCEmu Rookie

wow..pay 119 to remove a unit's portability, how lame can people be? You wanna play movies on your tv get a freaking DVD player!!

Quote Originally Posted by moisture
    Does it play the umd videos? It would be cool if it did, because there really is no point to buy the umd movies if you have to buy the movie again just to watch it on your home tv.
    anything that displays or audio-izes on the psp can be on tv
    so, yes it can

Ouch!!! Thats more blingage than I had in reserve for these. Hrrrrmm I'll have to wait till a review comes out and see if it is truly worth it

listen, the people that really want these, like X-play was complaining about the psp not having avideo output, rich reviewer's and such are going to be the first people to buy these.... i was thinkin' they might release 'em for 200$ at first, just to sell maybe 20-30 and make 3000-4000 dollars, and then drop the price to a straight 100$ to let rich people buy them, and make maybe another 3000-5000 dollars, and if they're smart they will lower the price to 50$ and make millions!!!

I for one, enjoy imported games, but have no ****ing clue as to how making a PS2 play them works, so the fact that I wanted a PSP anyway turns out to be really convenient, since games on it aren't region specific... the problem is, the friggin' japanese writing ends up being too small for me to be able to see well enough to look up in a dictionary, so being able to hook up to a TV would be sweet.

I'd pay up to $70 for this, and I think most others would eventually agree with this price... I guess now we just wait, and hope they don't lose so much money that they go under before they have a chance to lower their prices...

DCEmu Rookie

I'd be more excited if they just released a PS2 controller converter for the PSP. I hate hate HATE the seperated D-pad on the PSP and would like the opportunity to use something else... say, a joystick or even my replica Sega Saturn controller. The ability to play PSP games on a television set is pretty cool, but I could live without that feature if it shaves ninety bucks off the price.

JR

Quote Originally Posted by oldsage
    Hmm, destroy the warranty on my $250 1.5 psp just so i can play it on a TV...
    Oh yeah, and now i have to pay half what it cost me to buy the thing just for a glorified adapter?!
    Oh wait, but there's S-Video...
    Woah. I didn't even think about the warranty. thats an excellent point.

DCEmu Newbie PPP(PROWD PSP OWNER)'s Avatar

Join PSP Hacks now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information