Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: SDLMame 0.125 on WII - MAME Arcade Games Emulator for Nintendo Wii

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Voe View Post
    Have you disabled WiiConnect24?
    I have now, and just like magic, aliens loaded straight away, thank you

DCEmu Newbie

SLowMAME: the most pointless mame in the universe

what is the point in having enabled game support when the loading times are too sick to play any? what's the point in adding new improved features when the core feature (actually being able to get the games to load in a reasonable time) is always missing? this emu might as well have broken everything support for what good it is in its current state - utterly pointless

DCEmu Newbie

what the point is?
    that i am playing my beloved sichuan2 puzzle game on my wii. and its working great!! thanx a lot!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by psppsp View Post
    SLowMAME: the most pointless mame in the universe

what is the point in having enabled game support when the loading times are too sick to play any? what's the point in adding new improved features when the core feature (actually being able to get the games to load in a reasonable time) is always missing? this emu might as well have broken everything support for what good it is in its current state - utterly pointless
    What's the point of that post?

*To bash a coder that made progress you can't hope to do yourself.
    *To make yourself seem like a greedy asshole.
    *To request the first release of something free to work perfectly.
    *To expect coders to give a rat's ass about comments with negative attitude.
    *To try to be funny and fail horribly.
    *To make yourself sound more important to the scene then you are.

If you don't like it, go play MAME on your computer and stop being a prick.

True DimensionT there is always one lazy fanboy tosspot, who sits on thier arse and spews pathetic criticism at anything positive. Sometimes I just think that there should be a 3 strike rule for all the arsehole fanboys that come in here

DCEmu Newbie

Default Palette Issues

Anyone else having palette issues?

After turning off Wii Connect 24, I was finally able to load and play several roms, but most seemed to have garbled palettes. I tried Mappy, Spy Hunter, Star Castle, Pooyan, Mr Do's Wild Ride and Pengo, and all seemed to have color problems.

Additionally, all but Spy Hunter seemed to play at a nice speed.

DCEmu Newbie

I have 77 roms on my card, but only 15 seem to be accessible. Can you scroll the romlist?

PS This is awesome thank you so much :thumbup:

DCEmu Newbie

Weird, the post I made yesterday disappeared. Is it forbidden to ask for help here ? If it's something bad I've done, then I apologize.

Anyway, I asked for help because each time I launch a game (SegaSonic and DBZ VRVS), I get a warning screen "this game is to be used only in Japan" and then it reboots about 30 seconds later.
    Maybe this is because my Wii is PAL and the Rom is a Japanese one, but there should be a way to fix this.

So, I really need help here, I've already spent 2 hours yesterday trying to fix another problem and now there's this...

Any news on how this is progressing?
    Has there been another update, is there a compatability thread or a users guide?
    Thanks for any info's,

Mike..

I got to play with this earlier and I think its defo got potential!

I tried a couple games that don't even work at all on xbox mame and got pretty good results...

Osman - (the excellent game by Mitchell Corporation and Strider's spiritual sequel) loads up fast and plays very well!
    Street Fighter - Loads up a bit slow and takes its time introducing the characters - but it works!

I didn't think I'd really try mame on the wii as my xbox pretty much takes care of my arcade needs. lol ...but considering the wii mame has only just been released and already its playing games that my xbox can't (I know its a different/newer version of mame but hey it works! ).

Once the emu boots up and initializes quicker, has wavebird and classic controller support, is a little more stable and the gui is sorted out, then this could be a killer app on the wii!

Quote Originally Posted by mikebeaver View Post
    Any news on how this is progressing?
    Has there been another update, is there a compatability thread or a users guide?
    Thanks for any info's,

Mike..
    A few weeks ago Nuvalo posted on tehskeen: "And about the promised new release: It will take some time, as iīm working on a wii-linux gui, in order to have a serios distribution, with all the applications and the mame versions on the same distro".

So I guess we've just got to be patient and wait eagerly for the next instalment.
    Last edited by Baboon; June 23rd, 2008 at 22:40.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information