Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: SDLMame 0.125 on WII - MAME Arcade Games Emulator for Nintendo Wii

DCEmu Newbie

This emulator is very sensitive to finding my wavebird gamecube controller. I have to have it turned on and hitting buttons while it is loading or when the Mame emulator finishing loading it will not work with my gamecube controller.

I can get the Simpsons and frogger roms to load. Once loaded it drops support of my gamecube controller and I can not do anything. I have to reset my Wii.

I'm just looking forward to being able to play oldies like R-Type and Turtles etc in full speed, not really worried about the later games.

DCEmu Newbie

I'm having GREAT luck since following the instructions earlier in this thread.
    I've loaded up a ton of "old school" (small-ish) roms and never had a problem. I'm using the Thrustmaster Wireless GC controller and it works without a hitch.

THE ONLY PROBLEM is that the emu won't recognize more than 15 roms.
    It simply doesn't see them.
    It would be perfect if you could "see" directories so you could sort them by "a", "b", etc.

H I N T FOR BETTER PLAY:
    Remap Save / load state to your shoulder buttons.
    (easy access, frees up the analog for Crazy Climber and Robotron!)

Add coin / player 1 start to your start button.
    (When you hit it, game will pause, it will bring up the game menu, a quarter will be dropped and player 1 start will be hit. Scroll down to "return to game" and punch it again to add another quarter, punch start again, and unpause game. This frees up all 4 buttons and the right analog stick)

AMAZING emulator, thanks so much to the author! Hope you can get it to see more than 15 roms, though.

DCEmu Newbie

I've turned off WiiConnect24

But still the Roms that load (small) ...usually just reach the first title screen --> then freeze --> then goes back to black screen, your system will now reboot.

I tried this with Shinobi, Shadow Dancer, Robocop, and bad dudes vs Ninja

I have a gamecube controller plugged in.

Any suggestions as to how to get past the first screen freeze / Reset problem?

Wiiconnect24 is definately switched off.

DCEmu Newbie

Same thing happened to me, then I downloaded the "lastest" version and had no further problems.

DCEmu Newbie

i have it works like they say it does, but you can use homebrew channel just have to shut off 24 connect, and runs some large games reasonably on speed, just cant seem to get neogeo roms to load.

your sd should be set up like this in the root a folder called mameroms also the mame fs goes in root
    and a folder called mame this hold controler setup
    a folder called apps and inside apps a folder called mame where you put the elf file and most of the configs

but like i said most games are alright some could use more speed but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by nhusch View Post
    i have it works like they say it does, but you can use homebrew channel just have to shut off 24 connect, and runs some large games reasonably on speed, just cant seem to get neogeo roms to load.

your sd should be set up like this in the root a folder called mameroms also the mame fs goes in root
    and a folder called mame this hold controler setup
    a folder called apps and inside apps a folder called mame where you put the elf file and most of the configs

but like i said most games are alright some could use more speed but oh well.
    Read the mame.ini file for pathnames; I presume you can change settings there and layout your SD card however you like?
    Last edited by sean.aaron; August 30th, 2008 at 08:52.

DCEmu Newbie

Anyone working on this or know of a different version? On mine, if I have 30 roms, it only sees 15 and seems to randomly choose which 15 are displayed.

Anyone?

Last I read on it there's only the one guy working on it; he's got other obligations, so it's slow going. There's really a lot that needs doing in terms of trying to optimise loading (if that's even possible -- the SD card uses the USB bus, from what I understand), a more usable interface without a 15 ROM limit, support for Wiimote and Nunchuk (after playing Block Breaker Deluxe and Geometry Wars I think the back-and-forth sweeping of the Wiimote would make an excellent substitute for dial control for games like Tempest or Arkanoid -- among others) as well as Classic Controller.

If you know anyone with programming skills (I'm only a shell-scripter myself and don't have the setup to program the Wii anyway), rope 'em in!

DCEmu Newbie

Programming?

The last programming I did was on an atari 400 when I was 8. (I'm OLD)

Hope somebody gets going on it, it's really amazing. Heck, I wouldn't change a thing (other than the 15 Rom Limit!)

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information