The Pool Hall Pro/World of Pool PSP games are notorious for being full of vulnerabilities. This series of games has been used 3 times already to run Vita exploits through its PSP emulator.

So nobody was really surprised when The Z announced a few days ago, that a new exploit had been found in the Pool Hall Pro game, and that the exploit was probably coming for firmware 3.52.

The information had initially come from Freakler over at hackinformer, and he had intentionally not made a big deal of his reveal, partly to see if the scene was paying attention, partly because his work was not complete yet.

Now we once again have all the main regions, EU (via PuzzleScape), US (via Pool Games) and finally the JP region covered for 3.52 and below

The Z was indeed paying attention, and published a news about it. Everything was fine, until the entry for the exploit got grayed out on hackinformer’s site (after having been displayed in green for weeks). This was an intentional move from them, to not mislead people into believing the hack had already been released. But this triggered the wrong reactions, with people freaking out and running all over the place like headless chickens. Was it a hoax from the Z? A conspiracy from the guys over at Hackinformer?

pool_hall_pro

None of that, but this escalated quickly, with The Z and myself receiving personalized insults in our mail boxes for lying to people.

We rarely lie on wololo.net. We sometimes, however, make mistakes. But this wasn’t one of those times. Freakler has now confirmed that the exploit is real (and hackinformer told me the exploit has also been confirmed to be real by Qwikrazor87).

There is indeed a new exploit in Hall Pool Pro (and probably its EU counterpart, World of Pool), and Freakler is working on a VHBL port for it. He has not given a release date, and there might, or might not, be an eCFW release for this exploit (which is, possibly, up to Qwikrazor).

The Z has already published an article clarifying the situation earlier today, but that was published before Freakler’s confirmation, so I needed to set the record straight.

http://wololo.net/2015/08/21/psvita-...-release-date/