While still working on putting the finishing touches on the arcade cabinet I mentioned last time, I got distracted building a neat little Game Boy mod. I got my inspiration after seeing the great work by the author of SuperPiBoy and several other modders.
Seeing it as a good excuse to get rid of an older Raspberry Pi board I had hanging around, I got a Dremel tool, a broken Game Boy DMG from eBay and set to work.
Early on I decided to make the changes to the case as unobtrusive as possible, and other than the somewhat unseemly RCA video jack (which I had to have), I think Ive accomplished what I was after:

http://0xff.akop.org/2015/07/17/modding-a-game-boy/