Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Console wars

DCEmu Pro

Default Console wars

via: http://gamer.blorge.com/2008/05/12/m...m-ps3-and-wii/

The console wars are progressing very well for the Nintendo Wii. They are doing OK for the PS3 now as things are picking up. But how are things doing for the Xbox 360? Wouldn't you think that because it had a release that was a year before the PS3 and Wii it would be leading? Well, guess what Xbox 360 fanboys, the 360 is not leading.

It is currently in second place with PS3 approaching rapidly from behind. The PS3 sold more in the first year of it's release than the 360 did. I find this surprising when i think about the great games the 360 has had, like Halo 3 and Gears of War.

According to the article, this may be linked to the exclusive games for each platform going he way of the dinosaur. There have been many game developers lately who have seen how CoD4 and GTA4 did with a multi-platform release. Perhaps they saw the millions of dollars more attractive than a contract with a console developer, who knows? (for those who don't get the sense in that, it's called sarcasm. )

One thing is for sure, Nintendo played it smart with the Nintendo Wii.
    The Wii has sold 25 million consoles
    The 360 has sold 18 million
    and the PS3 is making a comeback with 12 million sold.

The PlayStation 3 is doing as I expected, in the third place :rofl:

Quote Originally Posted by JKKDARK View Post
    The PlayStation 3 is doing as I expected, in the third place :rofl:
    lol

DCEmu Rookie

The comment from thats sites link rings true:

"Oh yeah - that list of Sony Developers have REALLY Come through for the PS3 . . . I mean just look at all the good games they’ve developed . .

Lair . . . oh crap.

Haze . . . oh crap, that one sucks too.

No, MS has the correct Model - show a good partnership, make them ton’s of money, and get your exclusives.

Sony dictates everything to their devs, therefore all the bad decisions Sony makes all the time filter down to their choice in game dictation.

Let the creators create, and you’ll get something better than the producer dictated crap.

How come BD drives haven’t resulted in better games?".

HOW TRUE. LMAO.

personally I'm suprised xbox 360 is in second ...well let me rephrase that I dont think they deserve to be as most 360 owners are having to send them back for repairs, I have a current hatred of microsoft because of this, I have a theory that this is a money marketing scheme??? SONY ALL THE WAY!PS3 are far superior just lack of games and other software which hence to add is on the way, is only prob.Sorry guys but down with the xbox all together..too many faults..too many moments of headbanging when you get to crucial points in game and it decides to crash, surelly that can't just be a coincidence????think about it!

Quote Originally Posted by Panini View Post
    The comment from thats sites link rings true:

"Oh yeah - that list of Sony Developers have REALLY Come through for the PS3 . . . I mean just look at all the good games they’ve developed . .

Lair . . . oh crap.

Haze . . . oh crap, that one sucks too.

No, MS has the correct Model - show a good partnership, make them ton’s of money, and get your exclusives.

Sony dictates everything to their devs, therefore all the bad decisions Sony makes all the time filter down to their choice in game dictation.

Let the creators create, and you’ll get something better than the producer dictated crap.

How come BD drives haven’t resulted in better games?".

HOW TRUE. LMAO.

:rofl:

I really hate the 360 and I will happy when it drops to third place. I think it is too over rated and I don't like things that are over rated... I don't like Sony much either, but I do like Square-Enix so I still buy their consoles. (the only reason I got a PSP and possibly a future PS3 for FFXIII). And yeah, Wii = major win.

But really the console wars though are irrelevant to me. They should have developer wars instead, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by limming View Post
    I really hate the 360 and I will happy when it drops to third place. I think it is too over rated and I don't like things that are over rated... I don't like Sony much either, but I do like Square-Enix so I still buy their consoles. (the only reason I got a PSP and possibly a future PS3 for FFXIII). And yeah, Wii = major win.

But really the console wars though are irrelevant to me. They should have developer wars instead, lol.
    Lol crappy game fanboy.

Dev wars would be too easy. R* and Valve would have a showdown.

DCEmu Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowblind View Post
    Lol crappy game fanboy.

Dev wars would be too easy. R* and Valve would have a showdown.
    Totally agree with both statments. That guy is a total fanboy, I still think the wii is overated
    Its like a virus to me, you see it and think its cool. You get it and you don't really play it that much. Thats how it is for me and almost all my friends. I play my 360 all the time and I know few people who have one where I live. How is that over rated?

R* and Valve having a showdown would be the pwnshop. They both create kick ass games and to see them pushed to the limits would be just awesome :thumbup:

personally I'm suprised xbox 360 is in second ...well let me rephrase that I dont think they deserve to be as most 360 owners are having to send them back for repairs, I have a current hatred of microsoft because of this, I have a theory that this is a money marketing scheme??? SONY ALL THE WAY!PS3 are far superior just lack of games and other software which hence to add is on the way, is only prob.Sorry guys but down with the xbox all together..too many faults..too many moments of headbanging when you get to crucial points in game and it decides to crash, surelly that can't just be a coincidence????think about it!
    I've had my 360 for a year and a half, never had 1 problem with it. The people I know where it broke on them, they kept on the rug and thats asking for it to overheat. I keep mine in a shelf along with all my other consoles. You can't blame microsoft for idiots.
    Last edited by watupgroupie; May 13th, 2008 at 23:46.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information