Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSP noobish questions ... help plz

Default PSP noobish questions ... help plz

Hi All,

Pardon my ignorance but this is my first week of owning a PSP for the very first time so bear with me if this sounds noobish. Got a few questions to ask

Q1. I checked my PSP and the system firmware is 2.60. I bought this psp from one of my colleague (it's an old one not the slim one). I own a game called "Marvel Nemesis: Rise of the Imperfects". When i try to play it via UMD, there's a little icon which says "PSP Update ver 1.52". What is that for? will it update my system firmware back to 1.52?

Q2: This question relates to Q1. Assuming that my psp firmware will be downgraded from 2.60 to 1.52, will it be the case that i will be unable to play any games which are of later version?

Q3. How efficient it is to downgrade and upgrade versions for every game i play?

Q4. How can i know if i can play homebrew games on my PSP? Do i need to check something on my PSP.

Q5. What is TA-82? how do i check my psp for that?

Many thanks for listening to all this noobish talk :-) Appreciate your help guys.

Q1.no
    Q2.yes, if
    Q3. very
    Q4. system setings> System Information >x.xxm33-x
    x.xxOE-X
    cfw
    If x.xx ofw
    Q5.It's the motherboard. There is a little program that checks that and couple of other things.

You need anymore help, don't be afraid to ask

Brilliant ... most of it is very clear now but my next question would be, according to Q1what exactly is that version update?.
    I checked the information on my PSP which is something like
    MAC Address: *******
    System Software: Version 2.60
    Nickname: *****

I read it somewhere that when you open up your UMD drive, there's a code that you need to look for something like ICN0001 or something. Well i don't see that code any where so would i be able to downgrade the system version?

ALSO (phew!) how do i downgrade my psp? is there a software? or a hardware? and wasy noobish step by step would be great if possible remember, it's my first week in to PSP and plus am not technical

The update on the disk is the least FW that needed to run it, if your psp is higherdon't worry.
    Yes there is but with the pandora battery. no need to do that if you want to.
    there is a program that can up/downgrade. I would recommend this.
    http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=85597
    Also google hard mod pandora so you can hack your psp so you can play homebrew and since it's a fat, install 1.50 kernal which allows you to play amulators.

Brilliant!!! now i'm getting somewhere great help buddy ... i'll go home and read through this stuff and will come back tomorrow with more nOObish questions :P thanks for your help mate

First of, sorry for the double post. Just one little confusion. I have had a look at google for TA-82 as per the image (http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/4...82spot1bm3.jpg) and i can't see any such numbering but on the left side of my PSP it says IC9001. Is it a TA-082? Can this be downgradable? if yes then how? Thanks mate.

There's a program called pspid (I think. forgot the name). It ain't downgradble but why do you want to downgrade? Why not upgrade.

Well i need to play homebrew games so i thought we only have to downgrade to play them? DO recorrect me if i'm wrong plz am just so new to this. Also if you don't mind telling me (if i'm able to play homebrew games) which would be the best firmware to upgrade to play them? Much appreciated?

3.90m33-3 is the best CFW to have.:thumbup:

and how do i do that? do i need to downgrade first and then upgrade? Can you please tell me how to get this done please? Step by step would be perfect if possible please. Thanks .. i'm just so getting excited about this all

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information