Thread: Game Review: Mario Kart Wii (Wii)

Rev Game Review: Mario Kart Wii (Wii)

Information About The Game:
    Mario Kart wii is Kart racing game developed by Nintendo EAD and produced by Nintendo

Overview:

Many gamers (both casual and hardcore) have come to like the Mario Kart series. Can you blame them, it still is a fun racing game with some wacky antics and great replay value. With Mario Kart Wii being the latest in the franchise, fans expected to see a lot, and boy did Nintendo deliver. With new courses, new characters, 12 player online mode, inclusion of bikes, and of course motion sensing controls make the game one of the best in the series.

Gameplay:
    In this new edition to the Mario Kart series, you can use 5 controllers to play the game. The 5 being...
    1. Wii Remote
    2. Wii Wheel
    3. Wii Classic Controller
    4. Wii Remote w/ Nunchuck
    5. Nintendo GameCube controller

The Nintendo Gamecube controller and the classic controller being the easiest, the Wii remote w/ nunchuck being the most akward, and the Wii Wheel being the most fun. Being the fact that the Wii wheel was included with the game and that it is a fun way to play, you will probably use that one the most.

Online Play in this game is probably the best online experience you will come to have on the wii. No lag, 12 players, and the ability to play online with 2 players on one console is great. That was one of my big concerns in Super Smash Bros Brawl. In the online mood, you can either race or battle. Each one you have a diffrent point system to show whether or not you are good at the game. It also includes the Mario Kart Wii channel, which is great to use so you can check online stats without popping in your disk. A nice feature is when you see the other players you are about to face, it shows on a globe where they live and there Mii (and the location is fairly accurate)

New Characters include Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Baby Daisy, Baby Peach, Diddy Kong, King Boo, Funky Kong, Rosalina, Dry Bowser, Toadette, Birdo, Bowser Jr, And of course, you can play as your favorite Mii! So THere is a lot to unlock and a lot to enjoy! The new stages are fun and exciting but the "classic" stages are now kinda boring in comparison. THe single players is basically the same thing as Mario Kart DS, but that can be considered not a bad thing. The problem is, on 150cc and on Mirror Mode, It has Rubber Band A.I (If an AI opponent falls far enough behind the rest of the drivers it suddenly receives an enormous boost in speed) Which can make the game very difficult. There Also a lot more items to enjoy that are all fun. But the downside is, this game is more luck then skill, more so than other Mario Kart games.

Graphics:
    Look we all know that the game is not HD, but the game looks surprisingly good. The Shadows were vastly improved from the other game and Character design is great.

Sound:
    Classic Mario music remixed, and new tracks are what you can expect sound wise in Mario Kart Wii. Of course you will here the occasional WAHOOOO!!!!!, or YIPPIE!!!!!, or LETSAGO!!!!!!!, but other then that no deep phrases, Only complaint is hearing Diddy Kong's saying which sounds very bad, and i have no idea what he is saying. It is like AKILLIE!!!, What the hell is that, and since I play as Diddy Kong a lot, it annoys the hell out of me. I know, I know, I am nitpicking

Replay Value:
    A Crapload of replay value considering the new tracks, characters, and a great online mode. You will keep coming back for more and more and more. and more...

Overall:
    Mario Kart Wii is a fun game that you will come play over and over again. It has some flaws, but you can get over that to find solid gameplay, a nice online mode, and a lot of new features. One of the best on the Wii, and the best Mario Kart ever (of course, in my opinion).If you got a wii, buy the game.

Sound 4/5
    Graphics 4.25/5
    Gameplay 4.75/5

This has been a ninja9393 production.
    Last edited by bandit; December 15th, 2008 at 00:39.

Reviews Webmaster/Reviewer bandit's Avatar

Beat me to the review. I was going to make one as well.

This game is SWEET! The use of items is a bit ridiculous. Too many if you ask me, especially the squid ink, lightning and blue shell.

I prefer the GameCube controller. A lot more accurate and easier to control. What is your preferred controller?

Maybe we should set up a game contest and winner wins a prize? HEHEHE

Again, another fine quality review!

BTW, all reviews are posted on the homepage! So you're getting exposure for your reviews. Also, if you're going to put your reviews in your sig...use the links from the homepage!

http://games-reviews.dcemu.co.uk/gam...i--112618.html
    Follow us (1KIND Photography): Website | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
    Follow Us (DCEmu Reviews): YouTube | Facebook | Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by bandit View Post
    Beat me to the review. I was going to make one as well.

This game is SWEET! The use of items is a bit ridiculous. Too many if you ask me, especially the squid ink, lightning and blue shell.

I prefer the GameCube controller. A lot more accurate and easier to control. What is your preferred controller?

Maybe we should set up a game contest and winner wins a prize? HEHEHE

Again, another fine quality review!

BTW, all reviews are posted on the homepage! So you're getting exposure for your reviews. Also, if you're going to put your reviews in your sig...use the links from the homepage!

http://games-reviews.dcemu.co.uk/gam...i--112618.html
    Ok... Done

And Thanks for the feedback

Great job, I was thinking of making a review on Mario Kart, too. But, I don't think it'll be much different from this review, so I'll pass.

I really agree with the Wii Wheel and luck aspects. The Wii Wheel's fun(except sometimes my drift gets messed up because I don't pay attention to the angle I'm holding it) and you get that nice Golden Wheel next to your name on Wi-Fi, but I'm better with the classic controller. And I hate when I'm at like 8000 VR and I lose 300 because of three blue shells and 5 red shells + a banana that a bowser drives by and knocks me into.

I was also thinking of reviewing this game, but this review is spot on. Well done, this is the best I have read so far.

DCEmu Pro

i have to agree w/ this review. very good, very accurate.

Reviews Webmaster/Reviewer bandit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steely View Post
    Great job, I was thinking of making a review on Mario Kart, too. But, I don't think it'll be much different from this review, so I'll pass.

I really agree with the Wii Wheel and luck aspects. The Wii Wheel's fun(except sometimes my drift gets messed up because I don't pay attention to the angle I'm holding it) and you get that nice Golden Wheel next to your name on Wi-Fi, but I'm better with the classic controller. And I hate when I'm at like 8000 VR and I lose 300 because of three blue shells and 5 red shells + a banana that a bowser drives by and knocks me into.
    Quote Originally Posted by WhizzBang View Post
    I was also thinking of reviewing this game, but this review is spot on. Well done, this is the best I have read so far.
    More than 1 review is better. This gives different views and opinions from different gamers. There is already another Mario Kart Wii review.

BTW, ALL reviews posted will have links on the homepage!
    Follow us (1KIND Photography): Website | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
    Follow Us (DCEmu Reviews): YouTube | Facebook | Twitter

DCEmu Newbie

4.5 out of 5? that is pretty impressive, i thought it would get a lower score, i might check it out now.

Thread Information