Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: SDLMame 0.125 on WII (UPDATED) - MAME Arcade Games Emulator for Nintendo Wii

u must put the mamefs file on the root of the card.

DCEmu Newbie

thanks for the help. I feel really retarded for that. The AV cables worked. I was using component. Now on a serious note. How do you get more than one controller working with mame? I cant get nothing but joypad one to work.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
    I wonder if the Double Dragon driver (I and II use the same) is either pretty slow, or there's something slowing it down as a result of the porting.
    I hope this is a joke... saw this posted two or three times in this thread and had to respond. Double Dragon's original arcade hardware couldn't handle the game and thus whenever a bunch of enemies would appear on the screen the game would slow to a crawl. This is how the original game played, mame tries to emulate the games as accurately as possible, and thus they are SUPPOSED to be that way.

This is in the mame faq people. If you don't know where or what the mame faq is, I suggest you either go read it, or quit using mame.

PSP User

Would it be possible to use the wiimote to play the light gun games like Jurassic Park and House of the Dead? BTW, I just got The Simpsons working, and I love it. Other than TMNT, what are some other good side-scroller beat-em-ups that don't require 20 minutes to load?

DCEmu Newbie

Has anyone tried to play a 4 player game using this. I set a 4 player game of TMNT Arcade. When I got to the 4th Player setup. The Mame did not register the 4th Wavebird at all. Like it wasn't even there. 1-3 no problem, but controller 4 was unexist.

DCEmu Newbie

Ive been having a problem with mine. I get the option to select which game I want.

But when I select the game I get the EEPROM screen and it loads up the game list and then the system reboots. Im surious as to what I may have done wrong.

Why the SDLMAME team not make a Build With The new wii linux.
    So that Add, DVD, Wiimote, Usb and Other Goodies

DCEmu Newbie

Anyone know when the new update will come out? I would like to be able to play MAME with component cables and a wii mote. I believe that is why it isn't working for me.

DCEmu Rookie

I play it with component cable and it works fine.

I tried ga2 (Golden Axe Revenge of Death Adder).

It loads but the graphic are messed up and the game is really slow, its still playable but I hope the next update with help.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by PMK:Won View Post
    Has anyone tried to play a 4 player game using this. I set a 4 player game of TMNT Arcade. When I got to the 4th Player setup. The Mame did not register the 4th Wavebird at all. Like it wasn't even there. 1-3 no problem, but controller 4 was unexist.
    I came across the same issue. It just doesnt like the 4th port at all, it doesnt matter what type of controller you put there. I tried manually editing the default.cfg file but everytime you load sdlmame it overwrites the entries with incorrect button configs. ie "button_6" becomes 'button_6_switch" etc.

Also, I cant edit other controllers in the menu. I had to go and manually edit them in notepad to get port 2-3 to work.

Next, at least for me, I cant bring up the menu in any game without crashing the game (locked up) The menu works, sluggishly, but the game comes to a halt and locks up.

Finally, I couldnt get anything to load, just reboots when I used the link on the wiibrew wiki. I came to this forum and found a link to sdlmame that finally worked so make sure you use the link on this thread and not the one on the wiki.

Most of the things I can work around, using composite for TMNT because of pallate issues is a pain but its something that at least has a work around. However, the 4th port not working is the only major let down without a workaround. Looking forward to the next release.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information