Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: SDLMame 0.125 on WII (UPDATED) - MAME Arcade Games Emulator for Nintendo Wii

DCEmu Rookie

what I want is CC support...... I just hate to play with wired connection anymore :P

DCEmu Newbie

I've turned off WiiConnect24

But still the Roms that load (small) ...usually just reach the first title screen --> then freeze --> then goes back to black screen, your system will now reboot.

I tried this with Shinobi, Shadow Dancer, Robocop, and bad dudes vs Ninja

I have a gamecube controller plugged in.

Any suggestions as to how to get past the first screen freeze / Reset problem?

Wiiconnect24 is definately switched off.

Tried with Both Component (RGB) cables and Composite (Video/Scart) cable - same problem using both.

I launch using Homebrew Channel

Suggestion welcome

Quote Originally Posted by madmak55 View Post
    I launch using Homebrew Channel

Suggestion welcome
    I think that's your problem. I don't believe this application is Hombrew Channel - compatible.

Try launching with Twilight Hack. That, the lack of component video support and requirement to turn off WiiConnect24 are what keeps me from trying this...I've got Gamecube controllers, so that's not a big deal, but support for the Classic Controller and USB keyboard (essential for Japanese Mahjong games) would make it a damn sight more appealing.

I'm sure someone will sort it someday; in the meantime I'll have to make do with some of the so-so ports on the Gamecube: Namco Museum 50th Anniversary and the much better ports on the Gamecube Midway Arcade Treasures collections (though Wizard of Wor, is shockingly bad). At least I can play Defender and Robotron!

Quote Originally Posted by madmak55 View Post
    I've turned off WiiConnect24

I tried this with Shinobi, Shadow Dancer, Robocop, and bad dudes vs Ninja
    Well I got all of those games working fine. I found that the emu tended to die when using a wavebird controller - maybe thats your porblem? I made sure wii connect24 was off and used wired controllers and that sorted me out.

...and this works fine with the homewbrew channel. Id say you probably got just duff roms for this version of mame?

The author of this port has already said that he will eventualy update this emu - hes just a busy bee doing other projects first... be patient and all the problems will get sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Baboon View Post
    ...and this works fine with the homewbrew channel. Id say you probably got just duff roms for this version of mame?
    Yeah. good point there. Probably best to try out your ROMs on the PC version to make sure they're up-to-date.

With regard to Homebrew Channel, I'm pretty sure I remember seeing a post from the author saying it didn't work with it; so if it does, that's great news. Hopefully video can be sorted next; I'm not planning on swapping video cables for one application...

DCEmu Rookie

Two things I can confirm:

1. this emulator works with homebrew channel

2. this emulator support component cable.

I'm using both at the moment and the games play just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by kevenz View Post
    Two things I can confirm:

1. this emulator works with homebrew channel

2. this emulator support component cable.

I'm using both at the moment and the games play just fine.
    Wow, I was convinced by other posts that component didn't work. I'll have to give this a try now!

Hang on kevenz -- didn't you say the video was messed up with component, or did that only apply to ga2?
    Last edited by sean.aaron; August 26th, 2008 at 18:29.

DCEmu Rookie

yes golden axe 2 is messed up but that's not because of the component cable, it's more like a compatibility problem.

here's some games that work perfectly with this emulator for me.

1.Simpsons arcade
    2.Turtles arcade
    3.Battletoads
    4.King of Dragons
    5.Asterix
    6.X-men
    7.Three Wonders
    8.Magic Sword
    9.Ghouls 'n Ghosts
    10.Ghosts 'n Goblins

Quote Originally Posted by kevenz View Post
    yes golden axe 2 is messed up but that's not because of the component cable, it's more like a compatibility problem.
    Cool. From reading the initial release notes it looks like anything under a few MB shouldn't be more than a couple of minutes to load.

Can anyone confirm if unzipping the ROMs reduced loading time? I would expect that this would be adding to overhead since it's extracting off the SD, but I don't want to have to buy a new card just to accomodate unzipped files if it's not going to give any discernable benefit.

Added:

I'd also say that in addition to CC support we need to have support for USB keyboards for stuff like the Majong games and USB Mouse/Trackball support for dial/paddle games -- of course the ability to use the wiimote by twisting along the horizontal axis would be nice, but I think support for USB mice/trackballs would be a lot easier. I've got a nice Kensington wireless 4-button trackball all ready for it that I use on my Mac for the odd game of Jedi Academy (and MAME OS X, natch).
    Last edited by sean.aaron; August 27th, 2008 at 14:50.

Default One more thing

What's the name of the samples directory for this build? According to the general mame docs included the default appears to be "samples." Confirmation would be super. If anyone can confirm that there's any noticeable improvement in load times from having my ROMs unzipped that would also be appreciated.

Once I get testing with this I'll report back what I can get going on a usable level with my component link. I've got a couple hundred ROMs, mostly 70s-90s.
    Last edited by sean.aaron; August 28th, 2008 at 14:17.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information