Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: SDLMame 0.125 on WII (UPDATED) - MAME Arcade Games Emulator for Nintendo Wii

Hopefully we'll see an update from the dev soon; a non-linux dependent variant would be preferred.

DCEmu Newbie

This works fine on the wii except for one problem for me - I'm running a 46" LCD and when played in any resolution (4:3 etc) the screen image is displayed too low so that the bottom of the display is off-screen. I rotated the screen using the mame video menu settings and it displays fine... if I want to play side on. Makes sense that it'd render like this thinking about how the crt's were originally positioned in gaming cabs back in the day... but physically rotating a 46" LCD panel is not an option for me.

Is there some config file I can modify to make the screen initially render further up the panel's screen so I get the full game onscreen ? There's plenty of room for it to fully display just wondering where that config setting is. Gathering it's in MAME somewhere.

Oh, and the games I'm playing are the old school games from my youth :

Scramble
    Galaxians
    Galaga
    Space Wars.

Space Wars renders fine as it displays on the full panel. Could be the fact it's a vector game. No sound though - unfortunately.

Will check other roms out now.

Load time's not an issue with these old arcade classics.

Thanks... it's a hoot playing this on my panel via the Wii. Can only get better from here as well.

Hopefully we'll get someone to take over this project; better yet work up a new one that doesn't use Wii Linux.

@shabu: that seems related to vertical monitor games and nothing to do with vector graphics displays as I ran Tempest and it has the same issue. That needs sorting and glitches apparently resulting from component video issues needs sorting (sprites like to disappear in Air Buster from time to time as if the refresh isn't compatible with the 480p?).

I was hoping to use a Classic Controller via a Classic Linker, but nope, only a proper Gamecube controller works which means I need to hang on to my Japanese white Gamecube controller just for MAME!

Only displaying a randomly chosen 15 games at a time (and not filtering bios ROMs) is really really lame.

Still, props to jodecideion for his excellent YouTube video and better still a download of his install which finally got this working for me!

Why in hell the dev didn't include the nvram and diff directories which are rather critical to getting this running is completely beyond me as is the fact that NO distribution seems to include them!

I agree with you Sean... Linux based emus are not ideal!

It's Chatham from NL BTW.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread Information