Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SDLMame 0.125 on WII (UPDATED) - MAME Arcade Games Emulator for Nintendo Wii

Blog Entries

Rev SDLMame 0.125 on WII (UPDATED) - MAME Arcade Games Emulator for Nintendo Wii

Nuvalo has released an update to his port of MAME to the Nintendo Wii, heres the details:

I uploaded a new version, that solves pronblems like resets on small roms (bigger ones still might reset the console, but that is another problem) or the savestate.

Download Here and Give Feedback Via Comments

any improvements in load times at all?

I'm gonna test SegaSonic! Yay!

Even though this is an early release, it's worth a shot

marvel vs capcom and marvel vs street fighter took 34 min to load each cuaused the reset :P but the small game support improoved a gr8 deal thanks for the update look foward to cps2 emulation on my wii! woooooot

Is there a list of compatible games?

http://rbelmont.mameworld.info/?page_id=163

well for mame in genral yeah but a wii one specificly that may be too early to have but who knows maybe? anyway check that link out it has alot of info on the version of mame our wii uses

DCEmu Regular

I don't understand why this is built around a so recent version of mame? It would be smarter to base it off of an earlier version first, and add game drivers as you go. Kind of like what Franxis is doing with the GP2X version of MAME4ALL. It's very nice that this is being worked on and released. I really do appreciate it, but maybe using a less bloated version of MAME will be the better way to go.

DCEmu Rookie

The reason for this is probably that Nuvalo relies on SDL and Linux and there isn't (I'm guessing) not that much of a choice version-wise when working with that.
    However, he already said he is going to look into the possibility of releasing packages which only contain single/small number of drivers, he already said that he will release one focusing on CPS stuff.
    Last edited by Starscream; May 14th, 2008 at 22:24.

DCEmu Newbie

This is awesome. I only care about small/classic ROMs.
    Works great. Kudous to the authors, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by c4105 View Post
    This is awesome. I only care about small/classic ROMs.
    Works great. Kudous to the authors, thank you.
    Would you mind sharing your SD card size and brand? I've never been able to run anything on this, so I'm curious what's different that you're doing. Should I try removing the readme's from the rom zip files?

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information