Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSP warrany contains false statements

Question PSP warrany contains false statements

i was just on the phone with a sony representitive person for about half an hour, because the select button on my psp IS STUCK ....

anyways, she said i can get it replaced... i read the warranty and asked her, the warranty says "Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) warrants to the original purchaser that each of the constituent products of this PSP system shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase (the "Warranty Period"). If one or more of the aboveidentified products is determined to be defective during the Warranty Period, SCEA's liability shall be limited to the repair or replacement of this product with a new or refurbished product at SCEA's option. For the purpose of this Limited Warranty, "refurbished" means a product that has been returned to its original specifications. You must call 1-800-345-7669 to receive instructions, and then must deliver the product, freight prepaid, to the authorized service facility specified to obtain repair/replacement services.

MY psp's original specifications were 1.5!!! and she said they can only give me a 2.0, their warranty tells me that they would give me one of its ORIGINAL SPECIFICATIONS!!!!!! it even says i have this LEGAL RIGHT!! ! "This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state or province to province. This warranty is valid only in the United States and Canada."

please post your comments, suggestions, etc.

Welcome to Corporate America

But seriously dude I'm sorry this happened and I hate that some idiots in customer services or tech support was too damn lazy. If I were you I would have asked for the representatives name, then asked to speak to his/her supervisor. Once I got the manager on the phone I would ask their name and the number of an english-speaking corporate representative. They would like all oh I can help you what is it? And I'd tell them. They would probably say they couldn't replace it because this little arkensas (or wherever) support center doesn't care. I'd get the number and let the supervisor know that they would be hearing from my lawyer. Then I would call the corporate office and tell them the same thing. Knowing that my argument is legitimate, they would probably just send me a new 1.5 psp, if not at least I pissed off some of middle america.

I mean no ill humor to any american or human being. I'm just kind of mad at the people that work in customer relations that have no communication skills or common sense.

All in all I'd have my new 1.5 psp on its way in less than an hour.

That is if it was me

I feel your pain. I got a crap motorola mp3 player and had a similar experience.

so much 4 savin a quick buck

The person i spoke with was an actual real person, and she seamed nice, she SAID she spoke with 2 people... i didn't think of asking for a supervisor... but maybe ill try that when i get home... sadly... my family is too poor for a lawyer ...

I'm sorry if I offended you dude.
    I wouldn't be able to afford a lawyer either.
    I'm glad to hear that the representative was nice to you. I'm jus reflecting on like 3 bad experiences I have had with various customer relations people.
    I wish you the best of luck, and all I would suggest would be asking for the manager, supervisor, or boss of the person you were talking to untill you find someone that can help you.

heh good luck I feel ur pain

as for the lawyer... all I meant was threaten. Actually sueing would be a pain in the butt and wouldn't do squat, but company representatives hate to hear the word lawsuit.

"I'm gonna get my lawyer Voldemort AHHHH HAHAHA"

Yep, thats what law is designed for. So those you can exploit it can screw you in the butt. Go to law school, sue sony for your PSP 1.5. Then kill yourself. We don't need anymore worthless lawyers on this damn planet.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by bobcobb
    Yep, thats what law is designed for. So those you can exploit it can screw you in the butt. Go to law school, sue sony for your PSP 1.5. Then kill yourself. We don't need anymore worthless lawyers on this damn planet.
    Judging by your signature picture this is coming from someone who voted for a candidate supporting the frivilous lawsuits that are raping our economy.

I really don't want to ruffle feathers because I'm new here, and I'm positive that noone else in this forum wants to hear our political views. In conclusion thanks for the blatant and pointless insult.

England - don't forget we invented the English language!

Damn right. We don't want politics here!!

Best of luck trying to get Sony to give you a 1.5 but don't hold your breath as I am sure they will have some even smaller print tucked away somewhere

I wasn't insulting you, unless your a lawyer. Then its fair game!

And I didn't vote for Kerry, hes a douche.

Nor did I vote for the Turd Sandwich.

End of discussion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information