Thread: Missing tiles in GMDL Sattelite downloads

Default Missing tiles in GMDL Sattelite downloads

I've figured out the problem,
    or rather another alternative reason to why sometimes you are missing tiles.

In Google maps, water bodies are not shown in close up pictures, and sometimes the area you select that might contain a lot of water (an ocean, or GIANT river, and I'm talking BIG), and because Google maps sees' no need in taking close up images, and also some legal complications such as spotting of coast guards, police boats, and other legal forces...they do not take photo's of these places, and any attempt to zoom into the water body, returns you with a

"We are sorry, but we don't have imagery at this zoom level for this region.

Try zooming out for a broader look."

message. I have resolved to this being the case of most missing tiles. I made a geographical map of a city with quite a bit of water next to it, and I did have to change my IP address multiple times to continue, but it worked anyway, I retried getting the missing tiles, but gave up.

EVEN STILL!!! It created the GPSFS files and on my Fat PSP (Black, 3.30OE-C), they showed up perfectly, just that at closer zoom levels on the water regions, I was returned with the black tiles and green guidelines, but as for the focus area, the city part, it was all viewable.

So missing tiles don't essentially mean DEATH FOR YOUR MAP, unless your missing tiles that you know to be EXACTLY overlaying your target area.

I hope this helps most of you.
    Last edited by AlexRoxUrSox; May 18th, 2008 at 17:58. Reason: Conclusion of problem, (Title should encourage users to investigate the thread)

Thread Information