Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: c64PSP v0.1 (Commodore 64 Emulator for PSP)

Blog Entries

Thumbs up c64PSP v0.1 (Commodore 64 Emulator for PSP)

Hi all PSP Homebrew and Emulation users and esp to all those who have joined us today, we are PSP Emulation News and yes we have a new emulator today released by Urchin, heres the info:

c64psp is a Sony PSP port of Christian Bauer's Frodo C64 emulator.

Currently, disk image handling is not implemented, but pressing "Start" will load the file "snapshot.fss" from the main c64psp directory. USB connectivity is enabled on startup, so simply replace "snapshot.fss" with a snapshot saved from a desktop version of Frodo running your favourite game and just hit "Start" to reload.

Control is limited to emulation of the Port 2 joystick. Diagonals may not seem to work properly, but this seems to be a PSP problem, not an urchin problem. Response seems to improve after a bit of breaking in (of the PSP, not urchin)

Video seems to work well, though is not centered at the moment. Sound is working, but there seems to be some voice drop out - not sure yet whether this is Frodo, SDL_mixer, or urchin related.

Download Here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/c64psp.shtml

DCEmu Regular

I'm glad to see C64 coming to the PSP and thank the author for his work... but IMHO, VICE/winVICE is the best (free) C64 emulator around and I'm quite certain that it's open source as well (or at least the source is available on it's download page).

Why wouldn't someone port that to PSP instead of frodo?

DCEmu Newbie

Thank youuuuuu very very much for this great old days of gameplay

keep up the god work!!!

DCEmu Newbie

Great, most of excellent work, kuddos for bringing C64 to the PSP. I love you

As the lad above did say Vice is a much better emulator, but its also much more complicated port process than Frodo. Give it awhile and we might see it.

Definately looking forward to menu, .d64, .t64 and keyboard overlay support.

Could you please release the source code so others could also work on adding in these type features and fixes.

DCEmu Rookie

I'm still waiting for VIC-20 emulation, myself.

JR

Hiya, glad you are enjoying the emu. This is my first PSP development, so I wanted to go for something easy, hence my choice of Frodo. I did look at VICE, but it looked way more complex, and from their knowledge base:

"Anyway, it is not a job which can be done on one or two afternoons; from experience, porting VICE to a new plattform takes approximately one year."

It only took one or two afternoons to port Frodo It was fun doing the initial port and I hope to add new features as soon as possible.

DCEmu Newbie

YES! awesome!

i'm an absolutely C64 lover. i've been looking forward to this news since i have a PSP.
    thank you and keep up the good work!

PRESS PLAY ON TAPE

Nice one Urchin!

Finally! I've been waiting for this since I got my PSP. Now the three greatest computers in history is emulated: Amiga, Atari ST and C64.

DCEmu Newbie

Thats cool man, its great, i already had a special folder reserved for this emulator

Its probably early to be making requests for this emulator but maybe you could add all the of the frodo versions to the next update. And please please release the source code

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread Information