Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: PSP V2.0 to v1.5 Downgrade guide

DCEmu Newbie

good guide but not detailed enough. it should say exact times where to turn off manually and then turn on manually

if you want to install homebrews after u downgrade use this guide its ezier then the rest *1.5*
    http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=7353

Its ok to have the 36mb, upgrade, then buy a 1g then downgrade.

oh and yeah its ok after the downgrade suscesfully went through to delete the picture file that makes you downgrade.

i feel like such a leecher!
    T_T

it worked for me =)

DCEmu Newbie

I only found the 2.50 upgrade on Sony's website. I'm guessing that's not what I want to use for the downgrader, so where can I find the 2.00 upgrade?

can I downgrade from 2.5 to 2.0?

Default use umd upgrades to downgrade

got my psp 1 sept with 1.52 pre installed
    upgraded to 2.0 with included demo disc
    when downgrader came out tried for hours but got corrupted eboot
    for 1.5 upgrade
    thought stuff it and tried 1.5 upgrade of umd disc (v8 supercars 2)
    worked fine.
    inspect your original umd's and it shows what upgrade # is included
    these should work without putting an eboot to memstick

DCEmu Newbie

I am such a NEWBIE! Could someone please give me step by step instructions on how to even "Create an UPDATE folder in PSP/GAME/folder of your memory stick". Do you open up My Computer and browse to the removable disk that is your PSP to do this or what?
    Or should I put out a plea for someone in Bunbury, WA who has already downgraded their PSP 2.0 successfully to downgrade mine?

Quote:
    "2.00 users

1. Download the Downgrader.

2. Create a UPDATE folder in PSP/GAME/ folder of your memory stick

3. Copy EBOOT.PBP (of the 2nd download link) into UPDATE folder

4. Unpack MPHDowngrader.zip

5. Copy overflow.tif in your PSP/PHOTO/ folder of your memory stick

6. Copy h.bin in root of your memory stick

7. Copy index.dat in root of your memory stick

8. Plug the AC adaptor.

9. Exit USB Mode

10. Enter in Photo Menu on the PSP main screen. This will launch Version Changer. (Don't ask how)

10. Create an USB connection and if the Version Changer has been installed, a new file is created in your root of your memory stick (ms0:/index.dat.bak).

11. Then go to Game Menu, and launch 1.50 update.

12. Once 1.50 is installed, follow the 1.50 instructions in the middle of this guide."

Thank you for your help :-)

DCEmu Newbie

Alright, is it normal to have a bunch of what looks like coding of some sort be onscreen when the version changer is launched? I have been waiting 5 mins so far and I want to know how long it takes.

Edit~ Got it

i just downgraded from 2,0 and my psp says update failed. how long should it take to restart or turn off? its been on that for like 15 mins

DCEmu Newbie

Exclamation Question...

ok I am kinda lost and freaked out I was about to start downgrading when I opened the file "MPHDowngrader" when all of the sudden my antivirus pops up and tells me a virus was detected called "trojanPSPBrick" (twice in a row to be exact) so I did not go any further. is this something I need to be worried about or should I carry on and downgrade?

Thanks in advance for any info.

not if u downloaded it from a respectable site but if u would like me to send you the one i use (its downgraded about 12-15 psps now!) let me know and i will mail it to you

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by vincesecuricor2005
    not if u downloaded it from a respectable site but if u would like me to send you the one i use (its downgraded about 12-15 psps now!) let me know and i will mail it to you

I downloaded it from elz-dev.com it was listed in the guide wraggster posted up I was assuming it would be ok to use, but now that I opened the file I wonder if I should delete the files and backdate XP and start over. I really rather not have a trojan virus lurking around my new laptop.

I sent you a pm use the address and send me the one you been using and I will let you know what happens.

I do have one question if I am able to downgrade to 1.50 and get a new umd and upgrade back to whatever version, can I still downgrade back to 1.50 if so how often can I do this? ok maybe that was two questions....

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information