Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wii Parental Control Password Reset Tool

Just got a wii in today with PW tried the tool no luck with mine UK Wii

Are you sure you entered the correct Confirmation Number?

What is the system menu version?

Nintendo may have changed the algorithm in 3.4 but I am not installing it to find out.
    Last edited by Sektor; December 3rd, 2008 at 17:14.

Please forgive my ignorance. But - if you can't access the internet from you wii (because you don't have the parental code), then how do you get the script onto the wii in order to run it? I guess I could use an SD card, but if I am going to get an SD card, I may as well back up my games to it and reset the Wii.

I know that I must be missing something simple - so please feel free to make me feel stupid. It will be worth it to get this thing reset. TIA.

P.S. We have had this Wii since it was new and we never set the code. :-(

You don't visit http://wii.marcansoft.com/parental.psp from the Wii that is locked, you go there using a PC.

On your Wii, when it asks for a password, I think you enter an incorrect one and then choose "I don't remember" for both options it gives you. It then displays a confirmation code that you would normally give to Nintendo over the phone and they would tell you the unique reset code for your Wii. Marcan's website saves you from having to call Nintendo since you can just enter the confirmation code and it will tell you your unique reset code.
    Last edited by Sektor; December 24th, 2008 at 03:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Sektor View Post
    You don't visit http://wii.marcansoft.com/parental.psp from the Wii that is locked, you go there using a PC.

On your Wii, when it asks for a password, I think you enter an incorrect one and then choose "I don't remember" for both options it gives you. It then displays a confirmation code that you would normally give to Nintendo over the phone and they would tell you the unique reset code for your Wii. Marcan's website saves you from having to call Nintendo since you can just enter the confirmation code and it will tell you your unique reset code.
    Thanks for the quick response. This makes much more sense. This is an easier way to reset the entire system - not just the pass code. So - I will still want to back up our data (my son's games) first.

Thanks.

It doesn't delete your saves, it just removes the parental lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Sektor View Post
    It doesn't delete your saves, it just removes the parental lock.
    It worked. That was way too easy. Thanks Sektor and Marcan. Happy Holidays and New Year.

Peace from Virginia.

Ahhhh You Are Amazing!!!!

I dont understand where to get the required 8 digit number to enable me to receive an unlcok code? Please help.

Try reading. This has been answered multiple times on this same page.

On your Wii, when it asks for a password, enter an incorrect one and then choose "I don't remember" for both options it gives you. It then displays a confirmation code that you would normally give to Nintendo over the phone and they would tell you the unique reset code for your Wii. Marcan's website saves you from having to call Nintendo since you can just enter the confirmation code and it will tell you your unique reset code.
    Last edited by Sektor; July 12th, 2009 at 15:46.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information