Thread: bricked, no return?

DCEmu Newbie

Default bricked, no return?

heya,

I got a new psp slim and succesfully used a pandora's battery and 4gb magic memory stick to downgrade to 1.5 however....at some point after installing eloader onto it not sure what error i made but now i've ended up with a bricked psp.

When starting its a blank screen with the green light coming on for about 30 seconds then going off. Reformatted the memory stick etc. and still nothing. the green light goes off when using a normal battery and stays on when i insert the pandoras battery. pressing L1 whilst powering on doesnt help either...

From what i've read so far i take it theres no return but was wondering if i returned it with receipt from where i purchased would they (or if returned to sony) later find out it was altered? therefore me having to pay for repairs lol :S

Thank you and any advice is much appreciated!!!

DCEmu Newbie

You downgraded to 1.5 and then installed eLoader? How did you manage to do that? Because the 1.50 firmware doesn't run on the PSP Slim.

What you should have done is use the latest Despertar Del Cementerio kit and install the 3.90 M33 custom firmware. If you want yo run the 1.50 kernel you will have to use the TimeMachine, although it's just a mixture of 1.50 kernel + 3.40 modules. That too, will be installed on your memory stick and not on the NAND of the PSP.

Oh, I forgot to mention that your PSP is semi-bricked and there may still be hope that you can recover your console.

DCEmu Newbie

Thats incredibly interesting...is it along the lines of copying someone else's psp slim nand? i dont see how its possible with it not booting up at all, but please elaborate

if you still have the pandora battery then you can unbrick, other wise, you'd have to send it to sony

Thread Information