Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Future of DCEmu

Blog Entries

Default The Future of DCEmu

The site known as DCEmu UK has had a rough few years and mostly my doing, trying to do too much rather than just focus on emulation and homebrew, too many ads, too many sites and sadly for me not coping at all well with the loss via cancer of a family member so very close to me.

However things will change, first off I need to make dcemu lean again and that means massively condensing sites into just a few, same with forums.

I also need to try and make the site and forums mobile friendly, which means going into the unknown a bit for me as we use a clever system that uses vbulletin to post our news.

I need to make sure that the sites/forums have more social integration, facebook, twitter etc etc

Im also going to rebrand DCEmu and get back to newsposting daily but without encroaching too much on my real life.

So a new Name for DCEmu, a slimline site featuring all the news you want but only for homebrew, emulation and hacking, little to no ads bar the ones that pay for the server, a cleansing of the forums, a new look forum.

It will all happen as soon as I can do it.

Good to see you're still around, it's time to get a revival going and bring in old and new members alike here again. My condolences to you and your family for the loss of a loved one from cancer - no-one wants that to happen to anyone.

Hang in there Wraggster! And thanks for all the years! Excited for the refresh!

DCEmu Newbie

My condolences to you and your family for the loss.

I rarely comment but I have been a member enjoying DCemu for almost 10 years now and I know a thing or two about web/mobile SDLC.

I would say priority number 1 is to make it mobile friendly. As far as I have seen, most vBulletin sites tend to use
    vBulletin Mobile Suite instead of trying to make the design of the pages responsive. 2nd priority would be to increase the number of posts a bit.

I wouldn't recommend something as drastic as a site rename or revamp, as far as I know this is mostly a one man show and such project would exhaust you and not guarantee to improve things (in fact the chance it will blow up is even bigger).
    Last edited by sehs33; March 31st, 2016 at 09:03.

Damn, I'm sorry to hear about your loss wraggs,, I hope things do pick up around here, I was just planning a comeback myself. If things do pick up, I'll do my magic and make sure to attract lots of members with my word smithery and magic people skills..

I never lost faith in this site being able to make a come back. I'd like to see it happen..

Good luck Wraggs! Sorry to here about your loss.. We're here for you!

Now with Blast Processing! Kaiser's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sorry to hear about your loss Wraggs.

I still pop in from time to time but I definitely don't have the time I used to.

Blog Entries

you guys should know i'm around, kinda in the scene, you'll find me more at emulation64 but if you discuss things with me then maybe i'll come back home lol
    And sorry for your loss mate, message me, i'm still lyonhrt lol (though not on dating profiles :P)

I used to access this site through dcnews.co.uk domain but recently i realised it doesnt work anymore... Is it gone for good and i should update my bookmarks or it may come back anytime near future?

Congratulations for all these years. Looking forward to see all those updates!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information