Thread: Review: Advance Wars- Dual Strike

Default Review: Advance Wars- Dual Strike

Ok.. so I decided to pick up my Nintendo DS the other day and play again of Tiger Woods Golf.. It was surprisingly refreshing to put down the PSP and pick up this underappreciated machine. Anyway, I did what anyone would do with money to kill in an area where prostitution is illegal.. I decided to buy a video game.

I recall someone mentioning that they hadnt picked up their PSP since they purchased Advance Wars Dual Strike... and I have to admit... I might be packing away my PSP for a while too.

This game has identicle sprites to the previouse two (also wonderful) Advance Wars titles. Of course new units are introduced, as well as new COs and Characters. It also has the same (or at least noticeably similar) controls as its GBA predecessors, however does allow the use of a stylus.

OK! the graphics are NOTHING to be excited about... but as I have mentioned before.. I dont think graphics have anything to do with gameplay and the proof is in this title. Even by GBA's standards these graphics are nothing to drool over... but that really has no effect on how well this game performs... seriously.

The game makes great use of the second screen in more ways then one. It can display incoming missiles, seperate battles going on in the air, stats, and all kinds of information you might need while kicking ass on the battle field.

Honestly, I dont believe I have ever actually been tempted to write a review on a game spontaneously before... but this game is that good.

So out of 5 I would give it a 20. If you have a DS you have no excuse not to purchase this game.

I couldnt agree more! This game is exactly what the doctor ordered, you see I was struck with what can only be described as plethoraofcrapgameitus and only a good dose of solidusgameplay could cure my ills. Well to be honest I have been so bored with the same old tripe on my ps2 et al and when I bought the DS i felt like I did when I bought my megadrive and SNES, I can say very easily that this game is just absolutely AMAZING. The gameplay is just so seamless and fluid, the AI is just right. and yes, the graphics arent the best but hey who needs graphics when the gameplay is so great? I just think that this is just one of those games that just itches to be played, and I do know people who are buying a DS for this!! YEAH call me a fanboy? Nah I just havnt been this entertained since GTA SA, and no I wont be buying liberty city stories, Why???? I already own a PS2 with superior GTA titles and since I bought Advance Wars DS my time is a much more precious commodity.

I love this game but i'm so stuck. Mission 11 where you fight the yellow guys on two screens. It's really annoying! any advice would be great.

Default whered you buy it @?

hey guys where did u buy it at? i didnt even know it was out, u guys live in california? and was the cost around $30.00? also does it have wifi?
    __++_____________________________
    __88______________________________
    __880_____________________________
    __+88_____________________________
    __+88_______ROCK ON_____________
    __+880_________________________++_
    __+888________________________+88_
    __++880______________________+88__
    __++888_____+++88__________+++___
    __++8888__+++8880++88____+++8____
    __++8888+++8880++8888__++88______
    __++888++8888+++888888++8________