Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: The Homebrew Channel Released

Quote Originally Posted by limming View Post
    Is anything else required like a modchip?
    Nope,just need a computer than can read sd cards, an sd card itself, and copy of twilight princess for the wii,and the proper downloads and your good to go.

Edit:Found a good image for the gameboy emu, just resize and it looks fairly decent.

http://www.gameconsoles.com/images/Gbc005.jpg
    Last edited by smasher1001@hotmail.; May 25th, 2008 at 02:13.

DCEmu Newbie

Default Icons

Here are some icons I quickly put together with the correct ratios:

I seem to have another problem. My emulators dont want to load any of my roms, even though i have all of the roms properly placed and the folders named correctly,for example nesroms for the nes emu and roms for the snes emu. Also, my gameboy emulator freezes after loading,anyone else having the problems or have any ideas on fixing them?

Edit:Figured I should be more precise on the problems im experiencing.

GBC Emu:Finishes loading to 100% in homebrew channel,screen goes black and just sits there,i have to hold the power button to turn it off.

Nes Emu:When i go to load my roms, it proceeds to tell me it cannot find them,shows the list screen for roms but with no roms listed,afterwords i go back to the menu for the emu.

Snes Emu:When i go to load my roms,it proceeds to tell me it cannot find them,if i hit A button i receive some text telling me a error and it freezes,if i hit b it takes me back to the menu for the emu.

Sega Genesis Emu:This emu actually finds its roms and loads and plays them,but when i click the system reboot option it proceeds to show some error text and then freeze.

Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix any of these?I dont have a GC memory card inserted either. All of these emulators previously worked fine for me when using them normally with the twilight hack btw.
    Last edited by smasher1001@hotmail.; May 25th, 2008 at 03:26.

README says this:

RISKS, CAUTIONS, and SYSTEM UPDATES:

Any persistent modification to your system (meaning, anything that does not go away when you turn off your Wii) carries some inherent risk. We have worked hard to avoid this whereever possible, but we are unable to test all possible configurations.

We do, however, believe that our channel is safer to install than any other homebrew channel that has been released, and once you have installed it we hope you will never need to install another!
    Makes you wonder how Jay_PaRaDoX can be so sure of his channels, no?

Anyway, I've been waiting for this since day one. As I'm sure alot of other people have. Though I think I might hold off on installing it for a few. Read up on it to make sure I can do a clean install and get everything working without much fuss.

3 questions

1) Does channel usage show up on the message board like everything else?

2) Is the channel easy to uninstall?

3) If I use this will having WiiConnect24 on affect it, or should I turn it off? (Sometimes I play online games)

Quote Originally Posted by agenericperson View Post
    3 questions

1) Does channel usage show up on the message board like everything else?

2) Is the channel easy to uninstall?

3) If I use this will having WiiConnect24 on affect it, or should I turn it off? (Sometimes I play online games)
    1.Yes,shows up like every other channel.

2.Yep,its uninstalled just like any of the other channels.

3.It might,but seeing as its been tested by team twizzers, should be more than safe enough.

Also,anyone else having the problems with their emus that i stated in my previous post?

DCEmu Newbie

what do those two symbols in the bottom right corner of the screen when u start the channel mean? I'm guessing the world means internet, but what does the lizard one mean? its not lit up like the world one. btw great work guys, works great

DCEmu Newbie

How do you open the file? how do you open .Tar extensions?

DCEmu Newbie

Sorry i may sound like a noob....What does linux do both on the wii and on a pc.

DCEmu Newbie

All of those involved are the most kickass people evar. I give my eternal gratitude.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information