Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rumour - Ruka the Coder of Recent Snes9xTYL Emulators

Blog Entries

psp Rumour - Ruka the Coder of Recent Snes9xTYL Emulators

Heres a rumour that is going around today and that is Ruka who is one of the best Japanese coders and one of the band of early coders who made the PSP Scene the exciting scene it is today is the coder behind the recent Snes9xtyl releases, if so its nice to know that the project is in good hands ,

DCEmu Newbie

yes that has been said, but this ruka has put their name on things before why not these new emulators that have been released? like why just be unknown, sounds a bit sus to me. but whoever i doing them good on ya mad work ...

DCEmu Newbie

maybe its him, hopefully there would be another update for the Gpsp emulator.

DCEmu Newbie

Don't hold your breath for a gpSP update by Exophase.

DCEmu Newbie

anybody else thinks there would be another release? also i have been noticing on speed increase on Yoshi's island with 0 frameskip, but some little slowdowns, hopefully the other release will make it better than ever.

DCEmu Newbie

Frankly, I don't see the point in posting a rumor like this. If it's true, it doesn't help anything, since Ruka probably has his own reasons for acting anonymously. If it's false, it just misappropriates credit due to others.

Whoever actually has been updating Snes9x has my gratitude, at least. The updates have remarkably improved performance.

DCEmu Newbie

yeah what myuusmeow said dont bother asking about an update from exophase

I don't give a damn who makes it as long as I can play SNES on my PSP like Zsnes

If there are speed/compatibility updates (not just new speedhacks) and they dont break anything, I'm happy no matter who's writing it.

I wouldn't 'bother asking' about gpsp updates from Exophase (what would you ask? 'Why haven't you given me anything amazing for free lately?'), but I personally still hold out hope he will feel like moving some of his GP2X updates over to the PSP version at some point.

Having said that, pretty much all the GBA games I care about the current official version runs them full speed, so Im happy to be patient and perhaps be nicely surprised one day.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by bah View Post
    If there are speed/compatibility updates (not just new speedhacks) and they dont break anything, I'm happy no matter who's writing it.

I wouldn't 'bother asking' about gpsp updates from Exophase (what would you ask? 'Why haven't you given me anything amazing for free lately?'), but I personally still hold out hope he will feel like moving some of his GP2X updates over to the PSP version at some point.

Having said that, pretty much all the GBA games I care about the current official version runs them full speed, so Im happy to be patient and perhaps be nicely surprised one day.
    this is what Exophase says what is his plane is for GPsp
    I am porting it to Pandora, and Takka can bite me because I'm not making any future versions of gpSP open source ;p

I'm trying to work on it now, for PC, then GP2X, then Pandora. It's hard getting really into it because I need to do some massive rewriting of various parts, but I have some good ideas (I hope).
    and there is no psp in his plane rite now

and your only hope get any thing new from him is this
    . So that's why I'm making it closed source. The people I trust to port it can still get the source from me (like zodttd). If you read my terms in Temper it's basically exactly the same as what I want to do with gpSP. I just have to make sure to improve it enough so that Takka doesn't start trying to compete with me, with my own source, because that'd really piss me off (but I bet he will anyway).
    and this is what he things of Takka gpSP

I see his work like this: maybe 5% of his changes are actually beneficial (bug fixes or oversights, but sometimes he changes things that he just didn't understand in the first place, like VRAM mirroring), 15% are adding features that are very simple and I probably would have added eventually, 25% are adding features that I do not care to have in gpSP but now am basically obligated to put in there or people will complain, and the other 55% are just changing things subjectively, possibly to make it feel like it's more his work to him. Like changing the GUI, or changing extensions or locations, or even changing the formatting of the code. And it's these things that really annoy me. Another annoying thing he does is put in some kind of framework that he's adding for a new feature that does NOTHING, or doesn't work at all, then hype the hell out of it. He's been promising multiplayer support forever now, and has the binary do various wifi initialization things that just confuse people and give them false hope. I'm all but certain that he's doing this to generate attention and I don't like it at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information