Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Unnofficial Daedalus R14 Beta Released - Nintendo 64 Emulator for PSP

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster View Post
    i think its dangerous to release unstable versions of any emulators or software, the last thing any developer wants is for end users to have bricked consoles

and i did notice at QJ where it looks like exophase is part of this project. commas in the wrong places me thinks

nothing in the homebrew world is ever stable. Custom Firmwares are not stable. I bet all of us has had at least one issue with them in the past year. For me that would be the sleep bug. It's unofficial, but being released by a guy we all know as a great guy, wally. He'd never 'brick a psp on purpose.' I respect the fact that you're being careful about an unofficial release, but remember what I said, nothing's ever 100% stable
    Come Visit Homebrew Heaven, Where you'll find the latest gaming news and downloads!

View My Coding Blog

The Return of The Lounge!
    Mario Gold Rush
    Current C++ Project: To be Announced soon on Homebrew Heaven

Currently Coding in: C++ for the PSP

Goldeneye - fix, now, plz, thx

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudhunter View Post
    QJ will alter the article, and you'll be pleased to know that it's perfectly obvious to at least me that Exophase means the site, and not you.

Cloudy
    Unfortunately, I found out about this in the first place because someone IMed me asking me about my work on the N64 emulator. This happens all the time though, even from people who are relatively in the know (they assume it's my website.. at least so far no one thought I took my name from it, that'd really irritate me)

If people would at least call it "exophase.com" it'd settle some of the confusion.
    http://gpsp-dev.blogspot.com/

I haven't quit gpSP, just put it on hiatus for a while.

Games like Super Mario Advance 3, Riviera and Sword of Mana actually DO work in gpSP, believe it or not. If they don't work for you then you're using the faulty BIOS. Don't argue with me, it's true; the sooner you accept this the sooner you can move on.

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Safari Al View Post
    Listen, I really don't see, Tinnus, why you're getting mad at Wally. I was there with him, in the chat. He did modify the source code, to be a bit more stable, that I'm for sure of. Wally deserves some credit, along with strmnnrmn. The release of this was Wally's choice, seeing as strmnnrmn hasn't been around for a while, and if strmnnrmn comes up and wants it down, so be it. For the time being, allow him to get a bit of credit for this.
    I never said he shouldn't take credit. I just said he has no right to impose any distribution conditions (again, due to the GPL license the project is under. If it was Public Domain or something, he could do whatever he wanted). And I'm not really mad at Wally, but at the websites that probably "asked" him to make the release "exclusive".

Also, in the cold GPL side of things, if he did alter the code so it could be semi-usable (which I really believe he did, never doubted that as well) he should also release the modified source code, of course ot accusng anyone since I didn't look for it, but just pointing out.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Exophase View Post
    What I mean is that I doubt he ever intended for random people to take it and build it, much less release it. For those people to then try to demand sole distribution rights to something they really had no business releasing in the first place and have no entitlement to is just insane.

The worst part is that as usual people think that I'm somehow connected with this because the site that stole my name is. :/
    Exophase I respect you and all you have done for the psp homebrew comunity. But how dare you critize a fellow coder who has taken it upon himself to contine StrmnNrmn's work. We all do respect StrmnNrmn has not updated his blog let alone released an update for 6 months. So as far as I'm concerned he has either turned his back on or has no respect for the psp homebrew comunity.

Wally I hope you will continue StrmnNrmn's work and achieve full speed N64 emulation as I'm sure it means more to u than StrmnNrmn who I'm such has such a busy life that he can't spare 5 mins to post a coment on his blog or say that the project is closed.

Blog Entries

has the emulator improved anything for those who are trying it or made some games playable ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by psp5000 View Post
    Exophase I respect you and all you have done for the psp homebrew comunity. But how dare you critize a fellow coder who has taken it upon himself to contine StrmnNrmn's work. We all do respect StrmnNrmn has not updated his blog let alone released an update for 6 months. So as far as I'm concerned he has either turned his back on or has no respect for the psp homebrew comunity.

Wally I hope you will continue StrmnNrmn's work and achieve full speed N64 emulation as I'm sure it means more to u than StrmnNrmn who I'm such has such a busy life that he can't spare 5 mins to post a coment on his blog or say that the project is closed.
    I think you are mistaken, exophase is probably one of the homebrew communities best coders in recent years, Wally may or may not be a good coder in the making but he isnt a StrmnNrmn or an exophase and he will tell you the same, although fair play to him for trying, something that many of us are envious of.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinnus View Post
    And I'm not really mad at Wally, but at the websites that probably "asked" him to make the release "exclusive".
    Homebrew Heaven never asked him to do anything, not even post it. He did that willingly, as a good friend. It being exclusive to HH and exophase was wally's decision.
    Come Visit Homebrew Heaven, Where you'll find the latest gaming news and downloads!

View My Coding Blog

The Return of The Lounge!
    Mario Gold Rush
    Current C++ Project: To be Announced soon on Homebrew Heaven

Currently Coding in: C++ for the PSP

DCEmu Coder

I criticize him because as far as I know he's just releasing StrmnNrmn's work (others are claiming otherwise, but until the source is actually released like it's supposed to be no one can really know - if I see Wally I'll ask him) and what he's doing doesn't seem to be very practical anyway. Look at what people have been reporting, so far nothing good, just that it breaks things. Because it was a work in progress and not completed.

Maybe you're mad at StrmnNrmn but he has no obligations to anyone, and someone else releasing his stuff that wasn't finished isn't a good solution. I don't think very many people are in this for respecting homebrew coders or whatever, what gets respect is any glimmer of hope that the software they want improved the most will be improved. It happens over and over again. Do you remember Shifty's "release" of Daedalus? Made a bunch of claims that it improved things. Actually it was just a renamed binary. All to get attention. And it did get attention, it got tons of praise (and even people who did think it was faster) before people really looked into what was going on.

You know, just because he's busy with other things doesn't mean he has no intentions of working on it again. Do you remember that he's disappeared for several months before then came back? When important things come up side projects get thrown aside and even spending "5 minutes" to inform this community is opening yourself up to some pretty bothersome people.
    http://gpsp-dev.blogspot.com/

I haven't quit gpSP, just put it on hiatus for a while.

Games like Super Mario Advance 3, Riviera and Sword of Mana actually DO work in gpSP, believe it or not. If they don't work for you then you're using the faulty BIOS. Don't argue with me, it's true; the sooner you accept this the sooner you can move on.

Quote Originally Posted by leonalchemist View Post
    then why dont u play the psx version??? though its kinda big
    Because I like the original. It brings back memmories.

Did an aministrator put my thing in a spoiler? If so Thanks:thumbup: I've been meaning to do it but my connection is slow.
    Last edited by pspmodel1001; May 26th, 2008 at 22:48.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information