Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Unnofficial Daedalus R14 Beta Released - Nintendo 64 Emulator for PSP

Quote Originally Posted by pspmodel1001 View Post
    Because I like the original.
    yup same here, evrything was better in N64

Quote Originally Posted by seiryuken View Post
    yup same here, evrything was better in N64
    Thanks again. The memory I have most is buying controller after controller playing Mario Party

This should be locked if it wasn't meant to be posted here.
    PSN (PS3/PS4/Vita)/NintendoID - Triv1umx
    Steam - Rjinswand
    Runescape - Rjinswand

DCEmu Newbie

Someone directed me to this thread so here are my thoughts on the matter (I'm the owner of exophase.com).

Usually, we don't even report on "unofficial" releases out of respect for the original developers -- for example, Takka's gpSP builds that Exophase does not endorse.

IIRC, Wally has been in contact with Strmnnrmn before so I figured he had been given permission to release it. Looking back, he also released a few Daedalus spiff up builds here on DC Emu. I figure if Strmnnrmn had a problem with these releases he would have said so awhile ago.

We never asked him to impose any distribution rights. He sent me the release last night on our IRC channel at malloc.us and I posted it - that's all. I'm not an advocate of release exclusivity.

Also, Exophase, I saw what happened at QJ. Needless to say I've contacted them before but every now and then when linking to us they will tag their post with your name for some reason.

DCEmu Coder

Quote Originally Posted by x3sphere View Post
    We never asked him to impose any distribution rights. He sent me the release last night on our IRC channel at malloc.us and I posted it - that's all. I'm not an advocate of release exclusivity.
    I don't really know where the release exclusivity thing came from exactly but I'm glad that's cleared up.

I think the main difference between this release and the previous ones Wally made was that those were slight modifications on his part, and this one is StrmnNrmn's unreleased work. If StrmnNrmn felt it was ready to be released then I think he would have, and judging by the responses I just don't really think it was ready. SVNs are useful for a lot more than just sharing code and I don't think that's the reason he put it up there. StrmnNrmn is a pretty agreeable guy though, even if he has something against this I doubt he'll say much about it. That is, if he even notices, because he's probably pretty far removed from things at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by x3sphere View Post
    Also, Exophase, I saw what happened at QJ. Needless to say I've contacted them before but every now and then when linking to us they will tag their post with your name for some reason.
    Thanks. It didn't even occur to me at first that they weren't referring to me, someone else had to explain that to me ;p
    http://gpsp-dev.blogspot.com/

I haven't quit gpSP, just put it on hiatus for a while.

Games like Super Mario Advance 3, Riviera and Sword of Mana actually DO work in gpSP, believe it or not. If they don't work for you then you're using the faulty BIOS. Don't argue with me, it's true; the sooner you accept this the sooner you can move on.

DCEmu Newbie

So no one has got this to work?

Man, I dont even think ima bother trying it until Goldeneye is playable with sounds muahahaha... (thats never folks) or is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaitmi View Post
    So no one has got this to work?
    To get it to work you need to copy the roms.ini file from r13 to the r14 folder, for some reason he left it out of this build.

PSP Coder

Quote Originally Posted by djbrotherson View Post
    Man, I dont even think ima bother trying it until Goldeneye is playable with sounds muahahaha... (thats never folks) or is it?
    Stop posting the same thing over and over again.

Goldeneye will never run full speed on the psp (it's one of the more difficult games to emulate properly).

DCEmu Newbie

i cant find any game play improvements, altho the menu fonts have changed. i dont think its worth keeping over r13 as i use this now. ill wait for the big man to make a release. i hope it comes out soon been waiting for a long while.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information