Thread: Nobodies here again...

Blog Entries

Unhappy Nobodies here again...

As the title suggests, which the last time anyone from the collective of legendary members posted anything in this section was way back in July.

Sure, I work (if you would even call what I do working?) and have less time than I did between six and ten years ago. But I find the time once in a little while to click my little link tab for DCEmu, just to see if anyone has posted in the few days that I haven't been around, which to my surprise... Absolutely nobody, nobody at all. Besides one person on August 6th, who is a noob to DCEmu because they joined in August and only have one post to the username. Though I think the aim for this site is to keep "said noobs" so they become thy humbled members like myself with over five thousand (possibly crappy) posts to their name, over a ten year period.

Besides the reasons we all left in the first place, because there was too many spam posts and every section was consumed by a posting bot. This place actually looks to be fixed in it's current state... Yet it's not fixed, because nobody is here. It feels like my Saturday night shift, where I goto work and sit in a room on my own for 12 hours and watch WWE Network and Netflix, whilst waiting for something to happen.

I might just do what SP did a few months back and make a post once in a while, until I suffer from the same fate.

I think SP died shortly after posting this... (not literally)

Quote Originally Posted by shadowprophet View Post
    Come on guys, We oldbies are the very backbone of Dcemu. I'm going to keep coming in here and reporting, Until we all sync up. We all just need to stop. Collaborate and listen.

Give me a moment, I love this song..
    Of boredom waiting for someone to turn up and reply, which was roughly ten and a half hours and then *POOF* he vanished out of thin air.

Now I'm wondering... Is this board even moderated? I remember one time, where one in every four posts was an admin.

I've been checking the forum most days

Blog Entries

Cool

You check it about as much as I do, though I do get bored seeing that nothing has happened for however long. Which does take away from wanting to visit sooner, because there's absolutely nothing here and although a few other members pop up from time to time. DCEmu is currently in a state of irrelevance, which it's losing to three things that come to mind...

(1) Life. - Some of us have gotten jobs (or doing other things) and don't have the time to be here.
    (2) Social media. - Everything is being published on one of four platforms, being Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube.
    (3) No easily accessible homebrew on the current generation of consoles. - The Dreamcast, Wii and PSP were the easiest to exploit.

I do think that DCEmu could be great again... Not "that" great, but somewhat survivable to the extent where people would be directed here from social media outlets and consider joining to ask one of the experienced homebrew experts. Because from what I can tell, people are still buying the consoles of the last decade and where there is a market for those older consoles, there is a calling that those being new to an older generation of gaming, can be taught that of what we have intellect.

1 - yes, real life can be quite demanding especially if you have a job. I spend most of my time out working these days.
    2 - Social media - meh, no way, can't be assed with all that. Work gets in the way more anyways.
    3 - I agree, the current lineup of consoles aren't so easy to hack, though should an exploit be found it then becomes a matter of patience waiting for it to expand and not be tempted away by new features of firmware updates. ie - there's a possible exploit to get Linux to work on the PS4 but that requires one to not update past firmware version 4.01, leaving one to decide hold out and wait or update to be able to go online and access the PS Store.

Thread Information