Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Snes9xTYLsmcm Test 5 27/05/08 Release - Snes Emulator for PSP

Default Can't get back to menu error

These last few updated versions of this emulator are amazing and far superior to the original in terms of speed. I haven't tried this version yet (trying it now) But I know how to fix that menu error. It occurs when you've just changed engine. e.g. Accur soft etc. This then disable the ability to get back to menu or even turn the sound up or down. This is quite a bad bug but I dare say it will be addressed in upcoming releases. Anyway. The fix: Press L+start to change the engine in game. Once changed press home and you'll be able to access the menus again.

Dexter

Just tried this out for the first time...Anyone else experiencing savestate issues? None of my savestate work from the emulator I was using. Before I was using snes9xtyl 0.4.2 me now my savestates don't work. I get an error reading "File not in snes9x freeze format" I get the same error when I try to import savestates. The craziest thing is when I make a brand new savestate with this emulator...I get the same issue. Any way to fix this?

Edit: I fixed the issue. All I had to do was delete my saves from the memory stick and put them back on. They all work fine now.
    Last edited by kris threat; May 28th, 2008 at 17:57. Reason: Fixed!

DCEmu Newbie

Does the cheat engine work in this version?

DCEmu Newbie

hey where do we go to report bugs because i found a few of em???

Yeah I'm still having trouble exiting from this emulator. I tried the L+R+Start and then clicking HOME, I've tried it like 10 times and NOTHING. I tried what someone else said with hitting L+Start and that didn't work either, can anyone help me, trust me I'm hitting L+R+Start simultaneously and also click start after holding L+R.

Yes! Another release! Love that somebody are working on a SNES emulator for PSP again! :-D

Okay I finally got the L+R+Start thing to work, I had to press it right after the game launched and the only game I got it to work for was Starfox. After I did that I could go in and out of the menu fine, but then I changed the engine for the Starfox rom since I don't use the psp acc. for that rom and now I can't access the menu again. I've tried to re-do it and get the engine change again but can't get it, this sucks. Anyway I guess I liked what I saw, I'd make this my prime SNES emulator but it has too many bugs right now for me to give up my Snes9xTYL v0.4.2me (official).

DCEmu Newbie

L + start: Changes the Engine
    L + select: Turns turbo on/off
    R + start: Frameskip down
    R + select: Frameskip up

The only way back to the menu is Home key when PSP hardware acceleration is turned on.

This version does have the best speed I've seen. Frameskip 0, and having VSYNC and 44100Hz audio on doesn't seem to hinder the performance. Makes me oh so happy
    I find this much better than the official SNESYTL v0.4.2me, I personally haven't encountered many bugs so far, impressive for a "test" version.

BTW, changing the frameskip during gameplay (Starfox for me) sometimes makes the game(video) hang, just change the frameskip again and it should start working.
    Last edited by Dembonz; May 28th, 2008 at 22:16. Reason: jus' 'cause

DCEmu Rookie

haven't had any menu bugs whatsoever here, only small bugs in games

DCEmu Legend

Guys, all this frenzy over the menu bug? Simply highlight the ROM you want to load and press SQUARE to load the ROM with default saved settings. That'll get you back into the game and also let you enter the menu with home.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread Information