Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Snes9xTYLsmcm Test 5 27/05/08 Release - Snes Emulator for PSP

I once tried one of the recommended updated speedhack files (pocketheven, i guess), but i found out that the speedhacks weren't applied anymore.

After loading a rom, the emu sais "found speedhacks" and so on, but when playing Super Metroid (JU), it was super choppy and slow.
    I switched to the original .dat file and the game was full speed again.
    I thought that the new .dat file was maybe too big or something else.
    I looked up for the entries in the file for the Metroid rom and the entries were identical in both versions of the file.

So which .dat file do you use/recommend?
    Last edited by O-bake; June 2nd, 2008 at 20:40.

DCEmu Newbie

First off, grab the snesadvance.dat that Dantheman posted over at Pocketheaven around December, 2007.

Second off, make sure that the ROM you are using has the same CRC as the ROM listed in the snesadvance.dat file.

Third, you probably want to scour a few message boards, this one included for some of the miscellaneous updates that Dantheman has made but not incorporated into the Pocketheaven file.

I'm 2 hours into Super Metroid (boo for wall-jumping) and haven't had slowdown once.

Maybe you could give a specific link to your snesadvance.dat file? Because the posts of this dantheman i found are only referring to other posts and so on...

But i also checked the entries in the huge file from pocketheaven i downloaded a few months ago gainst the original .dat file and they are identical.

So maybe we have a different definition of "full speed"

http://danthemanms.googlepages.com/snesadvance.dat is the absolute latest version I have which also includes PSP-specific patches that mog123 has not added to the official version on PocketHeaven.

No clue why you're having issues with Super Metroid though; that's rather odd.

DCEmu Newbie

hi guys i'm seriously new to this stuff so go easy on me but once i dl this file what do i need to do? obviously install to memory card but is there a downgrader i need or other software required to run this emu?any help would be greatly appreciated cheers.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by O-bake View Post
    Maybe you could give a specific link to your snesadvance.dat file? Because the posts of this dantheman i found are only referring to other posts and so on...

But i also checked the entries in the huge file from pocketheaven i downloaded a few months ago gainst the original .dat file and they are identical.

So maybe we have a different definition of "full speed"
    No. It's quite literally "full speed" on my PSP. With VSYNC enabled too. As for the file, I have not made any changes to the Super Metroid entry.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheManMS View Post
    http://danthemanms.googlepages.com/snesadvance.dat is the absolute latest version I have which also includes PSP-specific patches that mog123 has not added to the official version on PocketHeaven.

Wow, this one works really great. The file i once tried was something like 150 or 160 Kb in size.
    Anyways, i haven't played snes on the PSP for a long time, but i just tested the problematic games i remembered and everything works quiet smoothly.
    (this test5 release and the quoted .dat file)

I think, the .dat file should get at least the attention on the newspages the emulator updates are getting.
    There's no real comparison if everyone uses a different .dat file.

Thanks Dan for the info. and sharing :thumbup:

No problem, let me know if there's a game you want me to take a look at and I'll add it to my to-do list, which I should HOPEFULLY be able to get to this summer now that school's out. Curse you laziness, hehe.

No problem, let me know if there's a game you want me to take a look at and I'll add it to my to-do list, which I should HOPEFULLY be able to get to this summer now that school's out. Curse you laziness, hehe.
    Thanks again Dan I will keep that in mind.

Im not sure how much you play snes9xtyl on PSP but if you would like to try out some pro action replay codes, ive spent hours browsing multiple sites and ive manually added alot of codes for 96 games I think it is. Something to fool around with if you wish to

All you would have to do is change the name of game.cht file to match your rom name of that game.
    PM me if interested.
    Last edited by B2K24; June 5th, 2008 at 06:09. Reason: Can't post a ********** link LOL

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread Information