Ive been away from the homebrew scene for most of this year but im starting to jump back into things, yesterday YiFan Lu one of the pioneers of PSVita Hacking posted a state of the psvita hacking article in which he gives his insight in to how its going and the future of the project he and the team called molecule are working on.

Heres an excerpt

Since we entered the scene with no drama, no bull$#@!, and no corruption, we will leave in the same manner. Firstly, all our work are either already open sourced or are in the process of being tidied up and released. Second, we have extensively documented all our findings on the Vita with the exception of our TrustZone (lv1) hacks which we left out at the request of other hackers who wish to try the challenge without aid. Lastly, we revamped the process for setting up development and making homebrew is easier than ever.

It all sounds awesome to me and as I own a PSVita which is currently collecting dust, I cant wait to get some homebrew on it.

Read the full article here --> http://yifan.lu/2016/12/31/state-of-the-vita-2016/