Its a good day to be a Nintendo 3DS homebrew fan, heres yet another release:

This is a port* of the Higurashi: When They Cry remakes available on Steam and MangaGamer. It supports the updated character graphics and the PS3 Graphics & Voices patch. As of 11/18/17, all of the ones that are out work. Meakashi only works if you install the PS3 Voices & Graphics patch too.

This requires the files from the Steam or MangaGamer versions of any of MangaGamer's Higurashi remakes.

The script converter is made with C#. If you're on Windows, you can run it with the .NET Framework that you probably already have. If you're on Linux or macOS, you need a program called Mono to run it. I've personally tested this on Linux Mint. If it doesn't work, make sure you update the .NET Framework or Mono.

* I say "port," but it's really just a generic visual novel engine I've created from scratch with playing these games in mind,

PS3 Patch Installation (text tutorial)

This is done BEFORE you use the script converter.

The PS3 patch is being changed so often that I can't keep up.
For now, I don't think I'll support the version where they mod the game's code.
Here are instructions for installing the release right before the DLL changes.

AUTO INSTALLER (Windows & Linux only)
====================
Step 1 - Download my auto-installer.
Step 2 - Extract the ZIP file.
Step 3 - Run HigurashiPS3AutoC. Windows users can double click the program. Linux users can run "run.sh."
Step 4 - When prompted, enter the game you want to install the patch for.
Step 5 - When prompted, enter 6. This is the option labeled "Install the older Higurashi-Vita compatible version."
Step 6 - When prompted, enter the file path to your game instillation's data folder. If the program can automatically detect the location, you can just press enter without typing anything to use the example.
Step 7 - Wait for it to finish. This can take a while depending on your internet speed and computer speed.

MANUAL INSTRUCTIONS
====================
Step 1 - Find your StreamingAssets folder. For me, chapter 2's StreamingAssets folder was at C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Higurashi 02 - Watanagashi\HigurashiEp02_Data\StreamingAssets.
Step 2 - Head here.
Step 3 - Select one of the files you see on the Github page. The file you choose depends on which chapter of the game you are patching. For example, if I was patching chapter 2, Watanagashi, I would open "watanagashi.urls"
Step 4 - After you open the file, you'll see a bunch of URLs. Download all of them. There should be 4 in total.
Step 5 - Unzip all of the files you just downloaded.
Step 5.5 - After unzipping the files you downloaded, you should see folders with names like "Update", "SE", "CG", and "CGAlt".
Step 6 - Move these folders into your StreamingAssets folder. If done correctly, you should be asked if you want to overwrite some files. Choose to do so.

Setup (text tutorial)

You need to actually own the games on Steam or MangaGamer. Link to the first chapter on Steam.

Main homebrew setup:
Step 0 - (CIA USERS ONLY) Make sure /3ds/dspfirm.cdc exists. If not, dump it with a DSP dumper homebrew.
Step 1 - Download the latest version of the main homebrew The file should be named Higurashi-3ds-vX.X.zip.
Step 2 - Extract the ZIP file. On Windows this is done by right clicking the file and pressing "Extract All."
Step 3 - If you're using the 3dsx version with the homebrew launcher, open the "3dsx" folder. If you're using the CIA version, open the "CIA" folder.
Step 4 - Copy everything in the folder to the root of your 3ds' SD card.
Step 4.5 - If you're using the CIA version, install the CIA, of course.
Step 4.8 - If you want, delete /3ds/data/HIGURASHI/Games/PLACEHOLDER.txt

Game converter tutorial:
Step 0 - If you want the PS3 Voices & Graphics patch, install it first. Refer to the special instructions in this post.
Step 1 - Download the script and image converter.
Step 2 - Extract the ZIP file.
Step 3 - The next step is to get the files from the Higurashi game you want. Right click on of the Higurashi games on Steam and click "Properties" at the bottom of the menu.
Step 4 - Click "LOCAL FILES" in the top bar and then click "BROWSE LOCAL FILES".
Step 5 - A folder will be opened showing the game's files. Look inside the folder called HigurashiEpXX_Data. Copy the folder called "StreamingAssets".
Step 6 - Paste StreamingAssets in the same directory as the extracted script converter program.
Step 7 - Run HigurashiVitaCovnerter.exe.
Step 7.2 - When prompted by the program, enter 1 because we're converting for the 3ds.
Step 7.3 - If the script converter is stuck trying to rename the StreamingAssets folder, make sure no programs are using the folder and you're not viewing it in the file explorer.
Step 8 - When it's finished, take the StreamingAssets folder and put it at /3ds/data/HIGURASHI/Games/.

download https://github.com/MyLegGuy/Higurashi-Vita

via http://www.nintendomax.com/viewtopic...8e6cf54107aa0e