Seems that the internet was wrong last week, heres some new news:

Hacker Qwertyoruiop, who’s been one of the most productive hackers of the PS4 scene, has stated that he doesn’t have a 5.50 Kernel exploit for the PS4 at this time. He added he is not looking for one at the moment.
We recently gave a detailed explanation on the current status of PS4 Jailbreak in 2018, and that explanation still holds: if you’re on firmware 4.55 or below, great, you can hack your PS4. If you’re above 4.55, but on 5.05 or below, we know Qwertyoruiop (and probably others) has a kernel exploit, but no official word on a release. As for 5.50, the latest PS4 firmware, it’s confirmed again: there is no knowledge of a kernel exploit existing for that firmware at the moment.

With some major hacking groups such as Fail0verflow turning their eyes to the Nintendo Switch scene, and Qwerty just announcing he “doesn’t have time” for the PS4 currently, there’s a possibility that the hunt for kernel exploits on the latest PS4 firmwares could slow down dramatically.
As I’ve stated before, if you are not the lucky owner of a 4.55 PS4 or below, and are having a hard time finding one, your best option in my opinion is to buy a second PS4, and store one of your consoles on a shelf until a hack comes for it (disclaimer: this is what I did in 2016 with my – at the time – 4.01 PS4) . Owning two consoles nowadays is the only reasonable way to enjoy both hacking and regular gaming.

via http://wololo.net/2018/03/19/qwertyo...rk-short-term/