Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: FrodoDS(C64 emulator) updated

DCEmu Newbie

o yea, I downloaded them form (''c64'' and ''theoldcomputer.com/Libarary's/Emulation/C64/Roms/Blast/C64_roms_summary''). Someone experience with these sources?

DCEmu Newbie

Ok, I tried to load an rom form the frodo on my pc, I loaded the rom under preferences under divices 8, and then ryped LOAD"$",8 the drive seems to work, cause of the green light flikking, but then it says loading from 0801 (2049) to 08FF. ready

...noting happenbs?

please help

DCEmu Pro

You really should download the newest version with the menu.
    http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/sho...0&postcount=73

When the buttons don't seem to work, have you tried switching the Joystick ports?

The Blast compilations require you to use the parameter - LOAD"B*",8,1 then type RUN. You will get a menu with numbered games. I'm afraid the loader won't work so you will need to note the number of your game then RESET and Type LOAD"1",8,1 for instance if you want to load the number 1 game from the menu.
    Load"$",8 is the command to load the directory of Device 8(disk), you need to type LIST to see the directory
    Last edited by crookedmouth; October 7th, 2008 at 01:45.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by crookedmouth View Post
    The Blast compilations require you to use the parameter - LOAD"B*",8,1 then type RUN. You will get a menu with numbered games.
    Not quite related to your comments but it got me thinking - Could the LOAD syntax be what's stopping the Alien Syndrome .d64 I downloaded from working? It was 2 files, Side A & B (it was ripped from a tape version of the game). I seem to recall this being a multiload game. Most of the games I've downloaded & got working so far have been sinlge load games (as far as I'm aware). But some games (Barbaian 2 for example) crashes after the character selection screen. Thinking back I'm sure this section was followed by the level loading. It's the same with Alien Syndrome, which I also remember being multiload. You get so far through the loading process them nothing happens or it crashes. I guess this is happening where the next section of the game file should be loading. So how do you run multiload games with Frodo?
    Last edited by db73; October 7th, 2008 at 17:23.

DCEmu Pro

Quote Originally Posted by db73 View Post
    Not quite related to your comments but it got me thinking - Could the LOAD syntax be what's stopping the Alien Syndrome .d64 I downloaded from working? It was 2 files, Side A & B (it was ripped from a tape version of the game). I seem to recall this being a multiload game. Most of the games I've downloaded & got working so far have been sinlge load games (as far as I'm aware). But some games (Barbaian 2 for example) crashes after the character selection screen. Thinking back I'm sure this section was followed by the level loading. It's the same with Alien Syndrome, which I also remember being multiload. You get so far through the loading process them nothing happens or it crashes. I guess this is happening where the next section of the game file should be loading. So how do you run multiload games with Frodo?
    I think it could be more your copy of the .d64, quite possible because of the converted tape. Alien Syndrome works for me(although I had to use 1541 emulation). I haven't been able to get Barbarian 2 working yet however.
    The only reason you need to use LOAD"B*",8,1 for the Blast compilations is that the first PRG file on the disk is a "dummy" file, so loading it using the LOAD"*",8,1 will just load nothing. The correct file to load starts with a "B", at least for the Blast compilations. I found a lot of "cracked" programs have the same thing, so you need to LOAD"$",8 and LIST to find the correct file.
    Many 2 disk games work fine so it's hard to trouble shoot. Frodo sometimes will corrupt a disk if it has to write to disk, other times it is fine.
    Check your PMs.

DCEmu Newbie

Is it possible to use cheat codes with FrodoDS like you could on the original C64? For example here are some cheats for Manic Miner for the C64;

http://www.gamewinners.com/C64/ManiacMiner.htm

Is it possible to use these with FrodoDS & how would you do it? I tried entering one of the codes before loading the game but that didn't do anything. Can't remember how I used to enter these things on my old C64.

DCEmu Newbie

I think you have to type those commands at the BASIC prompt after loading the game but before running the game.

-Bri

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Bri- View Post
    I think you have to type those commands at the BASIC prompt after loading the game but before running the game.

-Bri
    Ah yes. That did the trick. Infinite lives in Manic Miner are mine Bet I still can't finish the damn thing!!

DCEmu Newbie

........ except I get to chamber 17 & die instantly before the level even appears!! Repeat ad-infinitum!! What happened there??!

DCEmu Newbie

Question: If I load a game into FrodoDS, make changes to the settings & then make a snapshot, are the setting changes I made (e.g. joystick port, skip frames etc.) saved as part of the snap shot?

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information