Thread: DCEmu is still relevant, in 2018

Blog Entries

Default DCEmu is still relevant, in 2018

However this may sound, DCEmu still holds relevance in today's gaming community. Whether or not the DCEmu community members are here, there is always someone finding DCEmu via the search engines.

Why is this? some of you may ask...

Well DCEmu had a boost of popularity when the Wii and PSP were floating around, which the Dreamcast always had a popular vote amongst the users who joined around the time I did and before. But why in 2018? is the question people will continuously ask, which the answer is simple... These consoles are the easiest to run emulation, homebrew and even piracy, which also makes them the cheapest and people generally like cheap if it's value for money. Plus between all the years combined, DCEmu has a topic somewhere that relates to these consoles and this is where the relevancy kicks in.

Google, places DCEmu as the 6th result for a search on Homebrew and Emulation Forum

DuckDuckGo
    , places DCEmu at 17th for the same search.

Bing, has DCEmu at 2nd and 4th on the first page within the same Homebrew and Emulation Forum search.

Yahoo, is obviously the main search engine Bing bounces from as DCEmu is again 2nd and 4th in the Homebrew and Emulation Forum search.

Ask, has DCEmu at 5th which is near enough the 6th spot Google gave for Homebrew and Emulation Forum.

Which these five search engines actually make it easy for people to choose DCEmu as a destination, where the only thing that is preventing their residency is the fact that there is the lack of a community, something that has been an issue for the past seven years.

It may be a good idea, to invest some time into the social networks. Then possibly build rapport with the other communities, like DCEmu once had with DCEmulation in the early days (somewhere I've seen recent activity from forgotten DCEmu members).

Hmm, I didn't think we'd still be up there in the charts of other search engines. Well then, gotta continue to to hold those places and put some effort in some way or other.

Blog Entries

I've recently created a Reddit page for DCEmu, which I link news articles before posting them here (when I've got the time - need to share the admin access). It's all about keeping DCEmu relevant for the new wave of homebrew gamers because the Switch is only just getting started and it's going to be the biggest homebrew console for the next three to five years, with the fact it's a home console and portable (hybrid), the Switch is going to be the gamers choice for everything homebrew/emulation and piracy related, it's going to become what people could never have even thought 10 years ago, basically the Wii and PSP combined for homebrew in the home and travel on one console.

Thread Information