Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3.95 GEN released - Custom Firmware for PSP

Blog Entries

psp 3.95 GEN released - Custom Firmware for PSP

Via PSPgen (french psp site) comes news of a new CUSTOM FIRMWARE for the PSP supporting 3.95 (ie the latest firmware)

heres the release details:

After a delay of several hours we're proud to present the 3.95 custom firmware. Click continue to find out more. It has been in development for a little over two weeks now, but now the moment has arrived.

Before we talk about this new firmware and let you get your hands on it, we will respond to your main complaint: "Who is the developer of the firmware?". It will probably come as a surprise for most, but the developer of this custom firmware is called Miriam.

What's up doc ?

General

Kernel updated to 3.95 (new nids, patches etc.).

Recovery

Option added in recovery to choose between VSHMenu and in-XMB recovery.

Option added in recovery to choose between Sony, GEN and M33 network update modes.

XMB

Access vshmenu/recovery with the SELECT button.

Network Update icon can download directly from the GEN server (adjustable).

Installation :

For everyone who wants to install 3.95 GEN, you must be on at least 3.71M33.

Download the package with 3.95 GEN and the popsloader.

RTU file for all PSP in custom firmware 3.1 M33+

Note: When installing, all your plug-ins will be disabled.

Connect your PSP to your computer via USB.

Extract the file you downloaded by right clicking and choosing the option 'Extract Files To...'.

Extract the files to your PSP's assigned letter (for example, X).

Leave USB Mode.

Goto GAME > Memory Stick > 3.95 GEN

After it launched press X to install 3.95 GEN or R to leave the updater without doing any changes.

After the installer has checked some files and operations it will launch the patched Sony updater. Follow the onscreen instructions. Once the installation finishes, it'll ask you to press X to reboot, do so or you'll brick

Bonus :

Pressing L-Trigger + Triangle whilst you start the GEN installer, will later disable Sony's 50% battery check.

A popsloader which works in 3.95 is included, and can be installed like any other version of popsloader.

Download Here and Give Feedback & Compatability Reports Via Comments

DCEmu Old Pro The_Ultimate_Eggman's Avatar

No 150 kernal ???

1 - 3.xx Homebrew is working fine! 1.50 Homebrew doesn't work due to the lack of the 1.50 subset... Let's see if the GEN team releases it...

2 - PS1 Emulation works fine through the popsloader... 3.95 pops does not seem to be working though but I'm guessing they'll fix that...

3 - Plugins seems to function too... I even got rid of the an issue firmware 3.90 m33 used to give me...

4 - The memory stick issues in GAME are gone... Or at least seem to be... I have no lag at all

I'd rate this as a 8/10 release because the most interesting features (3.95pops and 1.50 subset) are not available yet... Still its a very good firmware
    Last edited by kyyubidx; June 1st, 2008 at 16:31.

Hi, I have a problem with this update. I'm using a TA 081 mobo (PSP Fat), Backed-up my nand before trying to do the update (I'm in CFW 393/ 150 kern right now), I have downloaded this UPDATE from 2 different sites, including this one. It doesn't load on my PSP, when I activate the 395 GEN, it stays on the white PSP bootscreen, then it shuts down. But, it says on the docs that it is compatible with "PSP Classic". I'm gonna download the 395 eboot directly and put it on my root to check if that's the problem, if it gets fixed I'll let youk now, but what I wanted to say is that this download doesn't work with my PSP, also if anybody else has this problem please reply

Hi, I have a problem with this update. I'm using a TA 081 mobo (PSP Fat), Backed-up my nand before trying to do the update (I'm in CFW 393/ 150 kern right now), I have downloaded this UPDATE from 2 different sites, including this one. It doesn't load on my PSP, when I activate the 395 GEN, it stays on the white PSP bootscreen, then it shuts down. But, it says on the docs that it is compatible with "PSP Classic". I'm gonna download the 395 eboot directly and put it on my root to check if that's the problem, if it gets fixed I'll let youk now, but what I wanted to say is that this download doesn't work with my PSP, also if anybody else has this problem please reply
    I downloaded mine directly from PSPGEN.com and it worked like a charm...

Quote Originally Posted by kyyubidx View Post
    I downloaded mine directly from PSPGEN.com and it worked like a charm...
    ok, I'm checking (translating) the page right now and downloading the $ony 395 to check just in case, any change I'll let you know.

heh. I'm sticking with 3.90m33-3 till they add 1.50 subset, and working pops. All in all, I'll try it later. Sounds good.:thumbup:

Quote Originally Posted by archangelclass View Post
    ok, I'm checking (translating) the page right now and downloading the $ony 395 to check just in case, any change I'll let you know.
    I was re-reading thru your post and the issue might be the fact you're on 3.93CFW... Not sure though... I was on 3.90m33-3

so, should I go back to 380M33-5? (I use despertar cementerio 4) cause I downloaded the 395 directly and didn't work either
    Last edited by archangelclass; June 1st, 2008 at 17:22.

yeah probably... In the readme it states that any m33 CFW since 3.71 works fine to update

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information