Thread: Game Review: Pokemon Diamond (DS)

NDS Game Review: Pokemon Diamond (DS)

Platform: DS
    Publisher: Nintendo
    Developer: Game Freak
    Genre: Adventure/Puzzle/Strategy
    Players: 1 - 4

Overview:

Pokemon Diamond (and Pearl) is another great addition to the Pokemon series, with new Pokemon, attacks, and areas in the whole new region. It''s not like any other Pokemon game out there.

Gameplay:

If you've played any Pokemon game before, you would know that you have to battle, catch, and raise Pokemon for your advantage, not to mention solve puzzles and do chores for people. You can even play some minigames along the way to becoming the greatest Pokemon trainer of all time. In Pokemon Diamond, this is all presented in a great way through the graphics, game layout, and the overall awesomeness of the game.

Graphics:

The graphics of Pokemon Diamond (and Pearl) are pseudo-3D, meaning they seem 3D, but aren't really 3D. The Pokemon still have 2D sprites, but the rest is just plain amazing. The trees, rocks, hills, and even the NPCs look 3D, which adds to the cool factor of this game.

Sound:

This is probably one of my favorite aspects of Pokemon Diamond (and Pearl), seeing as the music is very stunning. Most of the music in Diamond (and Pearl) is calm, but some areas throughout the Sinnoh region have upbeat, energetic music to fit the mood. The music is just plain awesome, which is why I have some of the OST tracks on my iPod (no joke!).

Replay Value:

200 hours into the game, and the fact that I still enjoy it shows that Pokemon Diamond (and Pearl) has a great replay value. I spend my time trying to catch all the Pokemon I haven't caught, raising my low level Pokemon, and even going through Sinnoh battle trainers I haven't yet, or re-battling trainers using the Vs Seeker. No matter what Pokemon game you're playing, they never get old.

Conclusion:

Pokemon Diamond is the latest installment in the handheld adventure portion of the Pokemon series, and it is a great one. It's worth the $35 (or 30, I got it on launch, so I can't remember) USD, and with all of the great new features, it's a bargain. I actually hated Pokemon after the Gold/Silver/Crystal time period died down, but when I tried the Japanese version of Diamond my friend had, it was my 7 year old childhood all over again. I still play it, and I'm still trying to do everything that is possible to do in this game. I definitely recommend Pokemon Diamond (or Pearl).

Overall Rating:

Last edited by bandit; December 15th, 2008 at 01:35.

gfx could have been a lot better imo
    compared to what we have seen the DS can do
    they basically just recycled most of the last game

and sound also fells recycled, still has the mono sound to it almost

Reviews Webmaster/Reviewer bandit's Avatar

Pokemon still selling and people still play it!? BLAH!
    Follow us (1KIND Photography): Website | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
    Follow Us (DCEmu Reviews): YouTube | Facebook | Twitter

I agree, but I don't care about graphics as much as gameplay unlike some people. While great graphics are nice, they aren't needed *coughsupermariobroscough*.

I am getting dis game soon.....could have made the review a bit bigger, specially with pokemon being so big, like naming EACH POKEMON IN THE GAME TWICE! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!

Reviews Webmaster/Reviewer bandit's Avatar

I'm not a graphics $#@! myself. I'm more of a gameplay. Hey, thats what we buy the game for right? Gameplay, replay value? To me, graphics is just an added bonus and makes it a little more interesting.

If I can play it for hours on end, over and over, have fun with friend online or next to me, than I got my monies worth.
    Follow us (1KIND Photography): Website | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
    Follow Us (DCEmu Reviews): YouTube | Facebook | Twitter

hmmmmmm.........not many BUT few games DO have bad gameplay, good graphics and are fun to play such as "DOA Extreme Beach Volleyball" ;P

Thread Information