Thread: Gen7 Engine - Visual Programming Engine for Switch

Blog Entries

Default Gen7 Engine - Visual Programming Engine for Switch

• GBATemp Homebrew bounty program is coming along with the 'first month' closing soon and one of the biggest entries in the contest is Gen 7 Engine by @iyenal it allows you to quickly develop 'homebrew' games & apps for Switch and other platforms.
      Gen7 Engine is an engine which I developed now for many months, at first to facilitate me the development of various homebrews. But after some point, Gen7 Engine was enough mature and developed... to make it a full engine, so I decided to make it a full software development kit. And since that, everything have been designed with novices in mind, so everyone can make his own homebrew with very little requirement, and I hope make quality ones.
      • A multiplatform engine
        Gen7 Engine uses wrappers (SDL is planned) which makes its code versatile on any platform where the wrapper is supported. You can use Gen7 Engine to compile for the Wii (I already done so), Wii U, 3DS, even the Dreamcast or mobile, as SDL are ported on these platforms. As I didn't had enough time to test Gen7 Engine on other platforms than the Switch, I disabled Wii support for security reasons.
      • Visual Programming
        Yes, you can make your own homebrew without programming knowledge requirement! With blocks, compose the code of your application using the smart system of visual programming providen by Gen7 Engine. And in the future, node programming will be supported to be able to make FSM states (Finish-State System) and global view hierarchy to empower your programmation.
      • Multiplatform itself
        What better to be able to program anywhere? Gen7 Engine interface system is designed using OpenGL and hybrid Javascript which is supported on a wide range of devices, like mobile or tablets! And maybe even consoles in some cases! To compile you code in these devices, a cloud compilation system will be realized to set your own server or Gen7 Engine services so you can test your productions without the need of your computer.
      • Extend your Gen7 Engine Installation
        Customize Gen7 Engine for your needs and even use your own C code and librairies to not be limited by the engine, or use G3E files to extend the available events for your application and to share them.

This is not for average Switch user, its for true 'homebrew' that wants to make some cool projects available on the Switch, for all the info on installation (it takes a while, an hour or more), author support & documention, downloads (large 2gigs), check out the source:

NEWS SOURCE: Gen7 Engine - Visual Programming Engine for Switch (via) GBATemp

via
      https://www.maxconsole.com/threads/g...-switch.49517/

Banned

The Gen7 Engine, a Visual Programming Engine for the Nintendo Switch, is a game-changer for aspiring game developers. Its user-friendly interface and powerful capabilities open up exciting capstone and dissertation writing services opportunities for creating games on the popular platform. Whether you're a seasoned developer or just starting out, Gen7 Engine simplifies the game creation process, making it accessible to a broader audience. Kudos to the developers for empowering creativity in the gaming community! ����

Banned

The Gen7 Engine, a Visual Programming Engine for the Nintendo Switch, is a game-changer for aspiring game developers. Its user-friendly interface and powerful capabilities open up exciting capstone and dissertation writing services opportunities for creating games on the popular platform. Whether you're a seasoned developer or just starting out, Gen7 Engine simplifies the game creation process, making it accessible to a broader audience. Kudos to the developers for empowering creativity in the gaming community! ����

Thread Information