During the The 35th Chaos Communication Congress conference in Germany this year, developer m0rph3us1987 (known in particular for his release of the “holy Grail” HEN on hacked PS4s) will be making a presentation related to a PS4 hack he has developed. The hack allegedly makes use of Video related apps on the PS4 (The Media Player, maybe?).

His presentation’s abstract, loosely translated, states:
Video Apps on the PS4 are a wonderful thing. In this talk, I’ll show you how to exploit them to run your own unsigned code (regardless of the firmware version installed). Step by step I show what problems I faced at the beginning of my entry into the PS4 scene and how I have solved these, in order to reach the goal. […]
This talk will be about the project with which I set foot in the PS4 underground scene. Step by step we will see what was needed to execute unsigned code on a foreign / unknown system. I will explain the exploit and its steps in as much detail as possible, and thus show that software exploits are not magic but a consequence of logical processes.
It is unclear at the moment what kind of hack we are talking about here, but because the discussion specifically mentions video, this looks more to me like a userland exploit rather than a full exploit or Jailbreak. Nevertheless, because he mentions this is independent of the firmware version, we could be looking at some good news for people on recent firmwares including 6.02, who have been waiting for a hack for quite some time.
In any case, this could be an interesting presentation, for those of you who speak German (the hacker has precised the presentation will be in German) and are interested in PS4 hacks. The video will most likely be made available online at some point, and hopefully someone will be able to translate the interesting bits for those of us who forgot their 11 years of German classes the day they moved to Japan. <– That’s me.
The presentation itself will be on December 28th.
Source: m0rph3us1897

via http://wololo.net/2018/12/11/ps4-hac...d-of-the-year/