Hacker flat_z has added support for OpenGL ES on the PS4, opening the theoretical way for better (understand: hardware accelerated) homebrew on the device, provided you have a hacked PS4.
Flat_z credits Zer0xFF and masterzorag for early attempts at bringing the graphics library to homebrew development on the PS4. He says:
PS4 have an OpenGL ES implementation which is called Piglet and it’s used in shell’s UI rendering and webkit. Zer0xFF and masterzorag were working on making it usable for homebrew applications but then got stucked with native shader compilation. So I’ve decided to give it a try.
However I have experienced other problems as well, which were solved successfully.
The porting work was apparently very demanding, and for those interested in the details of how this was implemented, flat_z has a full writeup (which is also mirrored here courtesy of playstationhax for those who don’t want to deal with Mega’s download process).
And for those who want to dive directly into the action, the hacker provides a sample which should get you started, sort of…
As you will see, the sample is only compatible with non-open source SDK, which I assume means you will need to get your hands on the leaked Sony SDK, a legally gray thing to do. Therefore this release unfortunately echoes once again one of the issues of the PS4 scene, which is the lack of a comprehensive series of open tools to create your own homebrews, or at least the right tutorial to get started. If anyone can prove me wrong on this, please do so. I know psxdev at least disagrees

via http://wololo.net/2018/12/10/open-gl...ed-to-the-ps4/