New from Hydr8gon

NoiES for Switch

I present to you my own original NES emulator for the Switch, NoiES! This entire emulator was written from scratch by me. I started this project just to teach myself about how emulators are made so that I can work on larger projects in the future, but it went farther than I originally expected and is now pretty much a full-fledged emulator, apart from some minor inaccuracies and some missing mappers.

But there are already other NES emulators for the Switch, why use this one?
Well, no reason in particular. As I said before, this was more a learning experience for me, but I ported it to the Switch for the homebrew bounty and I might as well release it. I suppose the biggest advantage I can offer is that since I developed the entire emulator core myself I am very familiar with it and can easily dive in to fix bugs and add new features.

Minor inaccuracies?
Yes, well, I've yet to test my CPU timing for cycle accuracy so no promises there. There are also some minor timing issues with the PPU, particularly with the MMC3 IRQ counter, which can be seen in the slight vibration of the status bar in Kirby's Adventure. Another odd bug I found is that I can't seem to navigate the items menu in The Legend of Zelda. Oh, and the audio system is still kind of a work in progress, so you might notice crackles (especially in docked mode!), missing sounds, or things that sound slightly off. (Wow, doing a great job selling it here)

Mappers?
Right. Every ROM has a mapper; it's basically what loads different portions of the ROM memory into the CPU memory for execution. I've implemented mappers 1 through 4, which should cover a large portion of the NES library. If you have any particular games you want to play that aren't supported, tell me the mapper number (the emulator will tell you which one it is if it isn't supported) so I can place higher priority on implementing it.

https://github.com/Hydr8gon/NoiES/

https://www.nintendomax.com/viewtopi...7fc9f76224c13c