Thread: Yabause Wii

Rev Yabause Wii

I have compiled the Yabause Saturn Emulator for the Wii From the latest CVS Sources using DevkitPro r15.

Instructions:
    Place a valid Saturn Bios image in the root of your SD card, with the filename "bios.bin"

The ISO's for the games you want to play must be stored on the root SD card, in the BIN/CUE format, with the cue file names game.cue

Upon launching these files and automatically run.

The Power Button on the Wii quits the EMU and returns to the launcher.
    The Reset button resets the emulated Saturn

NOTE: REQUIRES USB KEYBOARD FOR INPUT. DOES NOT SUPPORT GAMECUBE CONTROLLER, OR WIIMOTE.

Edit by staff

It seems that lukeusher123 just complied the from CVS of Yabause, the real work was done by the Yabause team. The Release has also been removed because it does not comply with the GPL licence.

Blue Crab, a member of the Yabause team posted:

"If this person would like to re-release his binary with all the files required by the license, he/she is more than welcome to. Just make sure to follow the same packaging that all the other binary releases of Yabause follow, and also remember to put the source up with the download as well."
    Last edited by Darksaviour69; June 5th, 2008 at 08:58. Reason: After consultation with Guillaume, the original author of Yabause, I'm getting rid of this until the compiler can at least fo

How playable is this?

I don't have a USB Keyboard, so i cannot test playability of games for myself.
    The Saturn bios seems to work at around half of full speed,
    and it booted a few saturn ISOs that i tested in order to make sure it's worth releasing.

DCEmu Newbie

Default A promising start and then a snag.

Well it definately loads through the Homebrew Channel. There is a little bit of frame skipping and some slowdown and then the Saturn Logo materialises. Unfortunately it then went straight to the CD Player instead of booting the Rom. I know I had the rom in the root of the SD Card along with .cue file and the bios image. It does say NTSC in the bottom right corner though so perhaps the rom wasn't the right region. Ill try a different game and then report back.

For anybody that tries this, on my keyboard, the arrow keys navigate and the letter (M) seems to be the selection key.

Lukeusher123: Which Saturn ISOS did the emulator boot? Let me know and ill try them out with my keyboard.

~P~

DCEmu Rookie

Don't forget that you can region-patch isos if regional settings are a problem.
    Last edited by Starscream; June 4th, 2008 at 14:21.

DCEmu Newbie

Default Region Patching ISOS

I am aware that you can do this, but the programs i've found seem to be geared towards burning ISOS to a CD and this Wii Version of Yabuse doesn't require you to do that.

~P~

It booted BUG (US VERSION) and A few other ISOS.
    Try Using SATCONV to convert isos to differerent regions.
    Shining the holy ark, however, only stayed at the Bios CD player. I havn't tried region converting that yet

EDIT: My isos that wont boot are not reconised by Saturn Region Patcher as Valid.
    I think they could be bad rips. All the ISOS I have tested that won''t work on the Wii, also won't boot on Yabause for windows.
    It seems to be strict about the quality of rips
    Last edited by lukeusher123; June 4th, 2008 at 15:09.

The Long Claw of the Law BlueCrab's Avatar

While its great that Yabause is getting a little bit of publicity out of this, there's a reason that the Wii port hasn't been officially released by the Yabause team. It is not ready for real use yet. To those of you that are reading this topic, the person who released this did absolutely no work, as the Yabause team has ported Yabause to the Wii. Yet, this person doesn't credit us at all (or provide the READMEs or anything else).

Also, compiling and releasing CVS versions, generally a big no no.

(And yes, I am a member of the Yabause team, so don't go off at me for not having a good reason to post this)

Finally, why haven't you provided the source with your binary. Even if you have cleanly compiled from CVS with no changes, you're still required to provide source (and all the licensing information and READMEs and such) that is/are normally bundled with a real release.

EDIT: I've consulted with Guillaume, the original author of Yabause, and after such consultation, I've removed the download and closed this topic. Why? The compiler didn't follow the license of Yabause, and thus gets this. If this person would like to re-release his binary with all the files required by the license, he/she is more than welcome to. Just make sure to follow the same packaging that all the other binary releases of Yabause follow, and also remember to put the source up with the download as well.
    Last edited by BlueCrab; June 4th, 2008 at 15:33. Reason: Reasoning for topic lock, removal of download, etc.
    Sylverant PSO Server
    http://crabemu.sourceforge.net/
    irc.freenode.net #dreamcastdev #dcemuuk #yabause #ljsdcdev

Thread Information