Thread: [Release] Kurok Demo v0.3

DCEmu Coder

Default [Release] Kurok Demo v0.3

For those new to Kurok, please check the official site at www.bladebattles.com/kurok for more information and screenhots.

Here is the Kurok PSP Demo v0.3

Here is the Readme for v0.3

Here is the Changes for v0.3

I've really got to update the gallery though, those screenshots are pre v0.1! Anyone willing to take some new ones for me? Or a Youtube video even? I'll link the video on the site .

Also, I'm willing to replace the Canyon Arena (kdm1) multiplayer map with a better one. Anyone want to take up the opportunity to have your map included in Kurok?

Sorry for the huge change list!

===================
    ------CHANGES------
    ===================

v0.3 Changes:

- Added: Single player map 'Underground Base' (e1m5) has been remade, and 'Experiment Rex' (e1m6) map has been expanded upon.
    - Added: New grenade models for grenade launcher and soldier enemies.
    - Added: Bloodsplat effect when attacking players/enemies with the Tekbow.
    - Added: Cvar 'scr_loadscreen' to show or hide the loading screen image.
    - Added: New 'Autocenter Button Look' option in controls sub menu, toggle if the view auto centers when moving or not.
    - Added: Client side auto aim, if turned on will use the Server side auto aim value (located in the create game menu).
    - Added: Impact sounds and weapon change sounds for some weapons.

- Change: Removed the need to write or read .ms2 mesh lists, significantly improving initial loading time.
    - Change: Dynamic Lighting on by default due to optimising models. Only slight performance drop now.
    - Change: New zoom code, with different levels of zoom for different weapons.
    - Change: Improved Soldiers AI, including throwing grenades only if the player is at a distance from them.
    - Change: Client side auto-Aim is turned off when Zooming in, and turned back on when zoomed out, allowing for headshots.
    - Change: Rocket Launcher Secondary mode now switches to a third person missile camera view, pressing jump detonates the missile.
    - Change: The Tekbow is no longer spammable, there is a refined animation time charging and reloading the next arrow.
    - Change: Base Arena (kdm2) map has improved balanced weapon loadout & spawn points.
    - Change: Increased the semi-automatic firing rate of the Desert Eagle.
    - Change: Increased delay of Tek Arrows exploding if stuck in walls, floors etc to 2 seconds.
    - Change: Increased fuse delay of Grenade Launcher grenades to 3 seconds.
    - Change: Decreased the time it takes to switch weapons, and made it less dependent on frame rate speed time.
    - Change: Grenades/Rockets/Remote Mines can blow up nearby grenades, rockets and mines.
    - Change: Reduced Knife, Normal Arrows & Shotgun damage, Tek Arrows damage increased.
    - Change: Soldiers pistol shots do less damage on difficulties below Insane.
    - Change: Soldiers now use the same model as the player model, saving wasted memory.
    - Change: Texture resolutions have been halfed for some weapons, the player, soldier and raptor models.
    - Change: Extra skin texture for the tekbow, easier to tell the difference.
    - Change: Rebalanced the health of Raptors and Soldiers to reflect the set difficulty level.
    - Change: Raptors jump higher and further, and melee speed increased.
    - Change: Overhead knife slash does not gib enemies and players anymore if they have low health, death animation played instead.
    - Change: Increased Remote mines throw distance slightly.
    - Change: Removed Quake style particle impact effect for bullets and arrows.
    - Change: Normal arrows bounce off walls, floors and ceilings if their velocity is too low to stick into them.
    - Change: Renamed 'Analog Look' in the controls menu to 'Analog Mode', with the 2 options renamed to 'Look' or 'Move'.
    - Change: Renamed 'Customize controls' to a more suitable name 'Customize buttons' in the options menu.
    - Change: Reduced the number of scrollable help pages to 2 in the help menu until I make more pages.
    - Change: Removed 'Dithering' in the Misc. options, not needed when the engine runs in 32bit Color mode.
    - Change: Moved 'Brighter Models' from the 'Misc. options' to the 'Video options'.

- Fixed: Pretty much all of the Remote Mine bugs squashed.
    - Fixed: Tekbow crash finally fixed, there was still something in the code glitching it up.
    - Fixed: Bot bugs fixed and AI is significantly improved, will now switch weapons, switch secondary modes and strafe/fire depending on skill setting.
    - Fixed: Zooming in and out no longer resets the sensitivty to the default value.
    - Fixed: Soldiers don't accidently kill each other now if they are in the way of each other.
    - Fixed: Removed bullet case ejection in multiplayer, was easily causing overflow errors when too much action was going on.
    - Fixed: While switching weapons or seconadry modes while dying, the view model weapon dosn't display after spawning in multiplayer/co-op.
    - Fixed: Death animations would sometimes use incorrect frames.
    - Fixed: Remote Mines and Arrows no longer stick to sides of doors/glass/platforms and float in mid air when the doors open/close.
    - Fixed: Co-Op Player Camera change actually works now in the multiplayer menu.
    - Fixed: Remote mines icon now show mine icon instead of the old energy cells ammo icon.
    - Fixed: Corrected code for loading vanilla quake mods. You must now have the full version of quake to use quake mods other then Kurok!

Please provide feedback on any bugs and suggestions Thanks.

DCEmu Newbie

Wow, MDave, YOU ARE THE BEST! Thanks!!!

Blog Entries

moved to psp news forum and ive made u a dcemu coder finally mdave sorry for the long wait, i get so forgetful

This looks great man! I wish I had my psp to try it out.

old news... i already known about this since it was released, haha.

i guess things have been really backed up since wraggy was gone....

Thread Information