Thread: eDimensional and BenHeck Release the Single-Handed Access Game Controller

Reviews Webmaster/Reviewer bandit's Avatar

ps3 eDimensional and BenHeck Release the Single-Handed Access Game Controller

June 5, 2008 – eDimensional, Inc., a leading developer and manufacturer of innovative gaming accessories is pleased to introduce the innovative new Access Controller, designed by renowned modder and product engineer Benjamin Heckendorn (also known as BenHeck.)

The Access Controller features a patented new modular control design; each control function found on a regular gamepad (including analog sticks, D-Pad, shoulder buttons, action buttons, etc.) is accessible and built into its own slot and positioned in the layout of a hand. Additionally, each module can easily be removed and rearranged to suit any gaming style or need. The concave design rests comfortably on a leg or a table and provides proper balance and resistance for optimal responsiveness.

Disabled gamer James Mannhalter of Alabama writes, “Video games became a way for me to escape the pain of my injuries, the grueling horror of my recovery, and the depression that sometimes comes with a life long disability…[Gaming] can be very important for someone like me.” Echoes Michael L., “I am in the Army and have served over in Iraq 3 times. During my 3rd tour, I was struck by a 400 lb. IED, leaving me without a left hand and right thumb, along with 39% of my body burned. I love to play video games, but haven't been able to since the accident.”

eDimensional CEO Michael Epstein says, “Gamers contacting us from around the world have opened our eyes to an overwhelming need for gaming accessories suitable for those with disabilities or physical limitations. We could not be more pleased to team up once again with Ben to make his vision of a readily-available single-handed controller a reality. It has become a mission for our company and a truly rewarding experience that we are fortunate to be a part of.”

The Access Controller is also great for any gamer who wants the convenience of being able to reconfigure the controls to suit their specific RPG or FPS gaming style, arcarde-style gaming, or those who like to multi-task while gaming.

A portion of all proceeds from the sale of Access Controllers will benefit Children’s Hospital and Veterans Affairs Medical Centers.

The controller is now available for pre-order at www.eDimensional.com for $129.95 and includes support for the Playstation 2, Playstation 3 and PC. It is expected to start shipping in approximately 8 weeks.

Source: Press Release / eDimensional

Images via comment
    Last edited by bandit; June 9th, 2008 at 13:44.
    Follow us (1KIND Photography): Website | YouTube | Facebook | Twitter
    Follow Us (DCEmu Reviews): YouTube | Facebook | Twitter

Thread Information