Thread: Help with the latest version of mapthis

DCEmu Newbie

Default Help with the latest version of mapthis

I just put the latest mapthis which I think its 520 something like that. But it's not the beta 505. I downloaded nieko's mapthis and the maps work fine it's just that the gps receiver 290 doesn't receive any signal. I was wondering how to fix this so that I have some bars. For the configuration i.e. ENABLESERIALPORT I put 0 and I left everything else as is. What should I do?
    Last edited by crazywaste; June 6th, 2008 at 06:05.

Is the clock on gps info screen running? - if not - there is a problem with a connector... (could be problem with firmware too)
    If the clock is running, read this thread for hints: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65484

DCEmu Newbie

yes it is , if its the clock in the very bottom right hand corner.

EDIT: I have lowered it to 111 mhz and maybe I need to charge my battery and have some aluminum foil. I don't know, I will try and see if I get a signal in my car.
    Last edited by crazywaste; June 6th, 2008 at 07:12.

DCEmu Newbie

The gps still does not work, I have tried in numerous places and tried most of the techniques on that thread but I'm getting no results. I'm just trying to get at least a signal, are there any other ways that I can try?

DCEmu Newbie

Hi crazywaste

once you open your mapthis software while your gps 290 is properly screwed on top of your psp, then click on start button and select cpu speed to 333 mhz. Once you do that then click on gps info which is left bottom option and leave your psp on that option for few minutes.

Depending on your location it will take a while for the satellite to appear under the satellite info list. Make sure you have atleast 3 satellite appearing which are all fixed and the latitute and langitude numbers start appearing on that GPS information screen.
    If you successful at this point then go back to the map and the pointer should show your actual position.

Let the gps unit take its time to find any satellite. Dont press or change any option once you are done changing what i mentioned above.

Good luck.
    Boss

DCEmu Newbie

Just to make sure... did you enable GPS mode (press on square [] ) ?

Thread Information