When Blizzard president J. Allen Brack got up in front of a BlizzCon audience last week and took responsibility for a recent "tough Hearthstone esports moment," it would have been difficult for anyone not in tune with recent events to tell what he was taking responsibility for, given the lack of specifics in his statement.
Overwatch director Jeff Kaplan, however, was not at all vague in his response when The Washington Post asked him his thoughts on the six-month suspension of Chung 'Blitzchung' Ng Wai from professional Hearthstone competitions over his vocal support of Hong Kong protests in a post-match interview last month.
"I was relieved when they reduced his suspension," Kaplan said. "And I think the suspension should be reduced more or eliminated. But that's just me.
"I'm obviously a huge supporter of free speech; it's something that's very important to me. It got to me personally. I think the punishment was too harsh and I was greatly relieved when they gave his money back. I think that was extremely important."
Kaplan makes clear that this is his opinion as an individual, and that Blizzard employees across all levels and departments have their own thoughts. He added, though, that the Overwatch League's own process for determining a ban or suspension is not as hasty as what happened with Blitzchung.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...-or-eliminated