• ub3r1337 recently meet with TX to have them demo to him their upcoming new mods for the Switch (patched, mariko and lite). Unfortunately, he didn't get any pictures, but he says they'll be coming later on. Even so, he shared some of this new information at MaxConsole, also shown below:
    First Off: It is a hardware mod. TX went back to its roots, and this solution is a device you need to install inside your Switch.

From what we could tell the install looks ultra simple and almost plug and play. When pushed about the install requirements, TX held back from claiming its fully solder-less, stating clearly that this particular design will always benefit from a few simple solder connections, versus the original intent of fully solder-less (at least for the classic model which is the unit we got to inspect).

In other words, a fully solder-less install is potentially possible with the classic models however it is not recommended by TX due to long term reliability concerns (we will cover this more in-depth at a later date, once we have our preview unit in our hands and put it thru some tests)

Second Point: There is one device for Patched and Mariko unit which is probably under production (see point three) and should be available soon They plan to release 2 devices; one for all classic versions (original, patch and mariko) and one for the Switch Lite.

Third Point: I really pushed for a release date, but TX refused to confirm anything during our meeting. From what I understood, even though it seems to be currently under production, because all sorts of things can occur in the factory during production, they will not commit to a date to me or their resellers until they are certain they can deliver on time enough stock to meet the demand.

I guess I can only respect that, this is probably why they did not announce anything yet, and we should know more once it is finally officially announced on their TX website.
    At some point ub3r1337 hopes to get some pictures and videos from TX and a review unit, but we have no clue when that will happen. For now we just have to sit and wait for some more news regarding these new TX hardware mods to appear online!

https://gbatemp.net/threads/more-inf...ecuter.551848/