Outside of Google, Xbox and PlayStation, there is another huge company company taking major strides in the game streaming space.
EA's Project Atlas began testing in September, with FIFA 19, Need for Speed Rivals, Titanfall 2 and Unravel available to play across numerous devices. It is yet another platform to sit alongside Stadia, xCloud and PlayStation Now, which is why it was surprising to see EA's chief technology officer Ken Moss at Microsoft's X019 event to announce that several more EA titles will be coming to xCloud.
"We definitely do not see it that [we're competitors]," Moss tells GamesIndustry.biz. "That is really not our goal. We haven't announced exact next steps on what we're doing with ours. We are pushing it, but I view it as actually part of our strategy -- bringing our games out to the cloud and taking the learnings back to our studios, giving us the information on how we need to evolve our core platforms like Frostbite and our services platform and AI. That's what we are doing. We're not at all interested in competing on platforms."
Moss is a lifelong gamer, but has spent much of his career at major organisations such as Microsoft and eBay on non-games projects. However, the allure of the cloud drew him to the games business.
"I've seen it transform so many things and the opportunity in games is incredibly exciting and not really achieved yet," he says. "I truly believe that these forces -- cloud and AI -- will change just about everything in games. It's going to be a five or ten year journey for us, but I say that confidently. I don't even think that's a bold prediction.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...illion-players