Thread: Metroid 2 Remake WIP - Alpha Metroids on their way

General games Metroid 2 Remake WIP - Alpha Metroids on their way

News about the homebrew game for PC.

he second ruins are almost done, I still have to add some scripted events, but the map is there.

So, I´ve coded 11 enemies so far, a few of those have some interesting and complex behavior. I made a version of Ridley for the demo, and it came out quite well, even if it was an experiment.
    I feel I´m ready to start working on Alpha Metroids. I know I´m capable of making interesting enemies to fight, and I have some cool ideas for all the Metroid evolutions that I´m sure I´ll be able to pull off succesfully. Metroids are a key part in this game, and I wanted to be sure they are well coded.

Most of the actions of the Alphas are planned. Not all of them will behave the same way, and some will appear in unexpected ways (Sorry, I don´t wanna spoil the surprise).
    I´m taking into account that Samus can now aim in 8 directions, and an Alpha would last 5 seconds if it behaves like in the original game. They will be faster, more agile, and smarter. I´m still trying to figure out a way to make them learn to avoid incoming missiles.
    There will be enviromental interaction to aid you in battles, but in rare ocasions.

Hyrule_SwordsMan is busy with exams, so Alpha Metroid sprites production will begin in a couple of weeks.

To all the people who are asking for screenshots: I won´t be posting screens until I finish the new areas. Backgrounds and tilesets are being tweaked and recolored all the time, so whatever I show you now, it will be different in a couple of days.

If you have any suggestions about anything, I´m all ears. Thanks!

I have been following this project for a while, I hope it turns out well

sounds cool, completed every metroid released except super metroid and im doin that now.

Thread Information