Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Software that Can "Boost" PC Volume

Cool Need Software that Can "Boost" PC Volume

Anyone know of any decent software that can "boost" the volume coming out from a PC audio output source?

I already "Googled" (before asks) and came across a bunch of sites with crappy trial software. Maybe I should just invest in a Sound Blaster X-Fi Extreme Audio Notebook card; I can't suffer any more!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mark30001 View Post
    Anyone know of any decent software that can "boost" the volume coming out from a PC audio output source?

I already "Googled" (before asks) and came across a bunch of sites with crappy trial software. Maybe I should just invest in a Sound Blaster X-Fi Extreme Audio Notebook card; I can't suffer any more!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Have you tried external speakers?

My monitor on my PC has it's speakers built-in, so I'm guessing maybe yours is also.

I know that when I had a PC with external speakers I had no sound (volume) problems (except I got yelled at for having the volume too high - lol), the volume could reach really high levels.

My mum's PC has external speakers, the audio level is much higher than the audio from my monitor with the volume at it's highest.

Amazon have some good priced speakers. [*]

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

my speakers go up to 11!

I am listening through my headphones. It should make no difference though.

Think of it this way, play a song at a decent volume level on any computer and play it at max volume on this laptop. My max volume is nowhere near the volume of the other PC, though I would still want to increase the volume some more.

This laptop came preinstalled with Windows Vista. When I downgraded to XP, I was able to set the equalizer settings of my sound card driver to high, allowing me to be able to play songs loud, the way I like. When I went back to Vista, the drivers didn't have any equalizer settings. Basically I am unable to set any equalizer settings through the Vista drivers, but I can through the XP drivers.

I don't really want to buy anything (new headphones, speakers) or go back to XP. I just need software that can act as a "universal" equalizer for all sound being outputted from this laptop, if anyone here uses a program that does something along those lines.

I'll upgrade this sound card sometime in the near future, but I'll keep searching for software until I find what I'm looking for.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mark30001 View Post
    I am listening through my headphones. It should make no difference though.

Think of it this way, play a song at a decent volume level on any computer and play it at max volume on this laptop. My max volume is nowhere near the volume of the other PC, though I would still want to increase the volume some more.

This laptop came preinstalled with Windows Vista. When I downgraded to XP, I was able to set the equalizer settings of my sound card driver to high, allowing me to be able to play songs loud, the way I like. When I went back to Vista, the drivers didn't have any equalizer settings. Basically I am unable to set any equalizer settings through the Vista drivers, but I can through the XP drivers.

I don't really want to buy anything (new headphones, speakers) or go back to XP. I just need software that can act as a "universal" equalizer for all sound being outputted from this laptop, if anyone here uses a program that does something along those lines.

I'll upgrade this sound card sometime in the near future, but I'll keep searching for software until I find what I'm looking for.
    Does your headphones have a volume control? Mine do, and my audio is quite loud, even on this laptop.

If you have Win DVD, there is a plugin for boosting audio on the whole system.

Download Winamp with DFX audio enhancer... REALLY makes a difference

Beta Tester: Windows 7

Sir Digby Chicken Caesar Darksaviour69's Avatar

yeah i notice that the volume on my vista laptop, even at max, is not that loud.

You could try:

'I recently bought a new system for gaming and I haven't gotten new speakers for it yet. So I decided to use my old emachines speakers, but they were ridiculously quiet in Vista even with volume maxed in control panel and the latest drivers from both realtek and the latest default driver. Kept trying to figure out a fix for this problem, and it turns out all you have to do is switch the type of output it is in the realtek audio manager from speaker out to headphone out. It about doubles the volume. Just sharing this experience in case anyone else is having any serious trouble with volume in vista. '

- http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/53...et-sound-vista

Unfortunately that didn't do much, but thanks anyway.

Everything else performed correctly on the Operating System that this laptop came pre-installed with (I had to tweak many settings so that the laptop wouldn't crash so much in XP), so there's no point downgrading back to XP.

Also, there are no solutions to this issue online/google. Most of the search results involve useless responses such as people suggesting to turn the volume sliders to the highest settings (which have obviously been done in all cases) and/or checking to see if cables have been connected correctly. There's clearly a problem with the OS, as the latest drivers don't even fix anything.

Thanks for the help anyway guys, I appreciated it. I didn't want to have to purchase anything, but I'm just going to invest in a Sound Blaster X-Fi Extreme Audio Notebook card.

MS have sure done Apple a favour with vista......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information