A decade ago, Australia was enveloped in a debate over whether to introduce an 18+ rating for video games. At the time, the most restrictive rating category for Australia was a 15 certificate, and if your game was too much for the 15 certificate criteria (like Left 4 Dead 2), it couldn't be sold. It was seen by many as an unusual double-standard considering films had a more permissive 18 rating available to them but games did not, and there was a push to change the system.
One of the political voices against the 18 rating for games was South Australian Attorney-General Michael Atkinson. Years earlier, Atkinson had been involved in a push to ban biker gangs that labelled them "terrorists within our community," blaming them for murder, extortion, weapons smuggling, and other crimes. Despite that track record, Atkinson said he was more worried about gamers than bikers after one left a threatening note under his door in the middle of the night.
"Atkinson wasn't worried about the biker gangs he was cracking down on, whose members had demonstrated a willingness to kill. He was worried about gamers"
"I feel that my family and I are more at risk from gamers than we are from the outlaw motorcycle gangs who also hate me and are running a candidate against me," Atkinson said. "The outlaw motorcycle gangs haven't been hanging around my doorstep at 2am. A gamer has."

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...an-biker-gangs