Thread: Game Review: Pokemon Ranch (WiiWare)

Rev Game Review: Pokemon Ranch (WiiWare)

Publisher: Nintendo
    Developer: Nintendo
    Genre: SIM
    Number of Players: 1
    Price: $10

Pokemon Ranch also known as Pokemon Farm is a game where YOU (a mii of choice) are helping your friend make a ranch for pokemon by adding more pokemon to it (via ds wireless) by doing so, the farm grows in size from the inside out.

NOTE: You do NOT take care of the pokemon in this game in ANY way, you can't feed them, pet them, or play with them.

GAMEPLAY:
    OK, in this game, you can look at the pokemon you have withdrawn from your copy of "Pokemon Diamond/Pearl" into the farm and you can..............take pictures of them, and make them look at you....and...........this is pretty much a mii channel for your pokemon, they walk arround interacting with eachother and you smile because they are making funny faces or animations.

You can see if your friend wants some specific pokemon for his/her farm (not sure wether it is a boy or a girl) then go to your pokemon game on the ds and catch it, take it to your farm and you might be rewarded.

Every day, a new pokemon joins your farm, but it is chosen at random and there is as far as I have seen, no way to get rid of them, this could becoma a problem after a while due to the fact that you may end up with an army of one specific pokemon.

I knew they would take over the world some day! and to think no one belived me!

GRAPHICS:
    The amount of detail put into each and every pokemon is astonishing! You can tell right away that each leg was greatly taken in consideration before any walking, running, or jumping animation was formed..........that is what I would have said if this game had been released 17 years ago, in reality, this game brings disappointment to anyone looking forward to seeing their pokemon on screen as they did on "Pokemon: Battle Revolution"

On the bright side, attacks look alot better then they do on the ds game, contact between two pokemon is made when a tackle occurs, a flame attack will reach the opposing pokemon, ect.

hmmm.....pikachu's ears are floating.

SOUND:
    There really aren't alot of sound effects in this game, or music, but what is there is there and it works.

I see you guys like to be happy, well I got a friend you should all meet, his name is (insert a bad guys name here)

REPLAY VALUE:
    This game has a pretty good replay value, even though there isin't a whole lot to do, but just looking at what you'r pokemon are doing is interesting enough to keep you watching for a while.

CLOSING COMENTS:
    If you own a ds, a copy of "Pokemon Diamond/Pearl" and you REALLY enjoy pokemon, then this is a game you won't regret buying, but if you don't, then there really isn't a whole lot of fun to be had here.

I give this game a:

Here are some pics i took from my pokemon ranch:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...4/WBME0002.jpg
    http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...4/WBME0001.jpg
    http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...WBME0005-1.jpg
    http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...4/WBME0004.jpg
    Last edited by bandit; December 15th, 2008 at 01:37.

lol, and that is being generous

i saw this game at friends house
    LOLO%^@

was boring and LAME

DCEmu Newbie

i am sure that is ALL you did tactical, there isn't much eles to do

Thread Information